close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

"No Recordset Found" when using Create Dynamic Array with MySQLi recordsets. Is this a compatibility issue?

Thread began 6/30/2015 7:55 am by markhaynes75235 | Last modified 7/17/2015 5:25 pm by Ray Borduin | 4338 views | 9 replies |

markhaynes75235

"No Recordset Found" when using Create Dynamic Array with MySQLi recordsets. Is this a compatibility issue?

The WebAssist > Create Dynamic Array dialog shows "No Recordset Found" when used in conjunction with MySQLi recordset server behaviors. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, Dynamic Dropdowns has not been updated to work with MySQLi yet. It only works with traditional recordsets at this point.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Dave W

Any ideas on the timeline of this update?
It seems that at this moment in time most of the extensions won't work in MySqli

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We are working on updating DataBridge now, but it will take several months because of the number of interfaces that interact with the database.

Dave W

Thank Ray,
I thought when all of extensions were rolled into two units (DataBridge & Design extender) that it was done to make life easier for us and for you. It seems that perhapes it wasn't such a good idea after all!
Now instead of getting updates for seperate extensions we have to wait until you have updated the combined extension.
Not happy!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There is good an bad to anything. It is true we could have started releasing updates to one extension at a time with MySQLi support, but Dynamic Dropdowns would have likely been later on that list. The worst part would have been incompatibility if people had older versions and installation order would become relevant again. Also the cost passed on to our customers would have been more as they would have to upgrade the 13 individual extensions instead of having a lower combined upgrade price.

I appreciate your frustration and apologize we haven't been able to get out an update sooner. We will try our hardest to get it done as soon as possible.

Dave W

Thanks Ray,
I do understand what you are saying and appreciate the time it takes to make updates.
I was a little annoyed as I use the dynamic dropdown for colours and sizes in a customers shopping cart and it is rather complicated as it chooses the sizes available depending on colour and stock. I am sure I will be able to hand code it, but it will take so much longer.
Thanks again for explaining things, and for your help when I have needed it.

Dave W

Hi Ray,
I am trying to convert the dynamic array in dropdown boxes to use with MySqli.
I have had reasonable success but keep geeting the error " Undefined variable: row_getResults in .......on line 106" and I can't seem to resolve it.
Can you help at all please my script as is, is below. It seems to be the first line that is causing the problem.
<?php
if ($row_getResults) {
echo "<SC" . "RIPT>\n";
echo "var WAJA = new Array();\n";

$oldmainid = 0;
$newmainid = $getResults->getColumnVal("colourID");
if ($oldmainid == $newmainid) {
$oldmainid = "";
}
$n = 0;
while ($getResults) {
if ($oldmainid != $newmainid) {
echo "WAJA[".$n."] = new Array();\n";
echo "WAJA[".$n."][0] = '".WA_DD_Replace($newmainid)."';\n";
$m = 1;
}

echo "WAJA[".$n."][".$m."] = new Array();\n";
echo "WAJA[".$n."][".$m."][0] = "."'".WA_DD_Replace($row_getResults["SizeID"])."'".";\n";
echo "WAJA[".$n."][".$m."][1] = "."'".WA_DD_Replace($row_getResults["item_size"])."'".";\n";

$m++;
if ($oldmainid == 0) {
$oldmainid = $newmainid;
}
$oldmainid = $newmainid;
$row_getResults = mysqli_fetch_assoc($getResults);
if ($row_getResults) {
$newmainid = $getResults->getColumnVal("colourID");
}
if ($oldmainid != $newmainid) {
$n++;
}
}

echo "var getResults_WAJA = WAJA;\n";
echo "WAJA = null;\n";
echo "</SC" . "RIPT>\n";
}
?>

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You'll have to update that first line to refer to your MySQLi recordset: $getResults->TotalRows

You will have more lines to update too. You have to update the while loop.. to use: while (!$getResults->atEnd()) {

and
$row_getResults = mysqli_fetch_assoc($getResults);

would be:
$getResults->moveNext();

any reference to $row_getResults will have to be updated like: $getResults->getColumnVal("SizeID")

Dave W

Thanks again Ray, that was a great help. I'll give that a try. Should be able to work it out now....hopefully :-)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...