close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I'm working on a new part of my website and I've created a section to edit my SQL records. I have other database sites I've developed on this server too. Anyway, everything works fine until I add password protection to the directory. When I do I c

Thread began 6/10/2015 11:37 am by Daniel | Last modified 6/12/2015 12:01 pm by Ray Borduin | 1148 views | 3 replies |

Daniel

I'm working on a new part of my website and I've created a section to edit my SQL records. I have other database sites I've developed on this server too. Anyway, everything works fine until I add password protection to the directory. When I do I can't d

I developed this in a directory named "fastsearch2" and then I renamed the directory to "fastsearch-wtsa" and added the password protection. As I said, it works fine when I remove the password.

Attached Files
allshows2_detail.php
allshows2_insert.php
allshows2_results.php
allshows2_update.php
index.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

How are you adding the password protection? What is the experience when it doesn't work? Is there an error?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Daniel

Password Protection Problem

Hello Ray... I tried adding the password manually by just using an .htaccess and .htpassword file I've used a hundred times before. Then when that didn't work I tried using the password protection system on my sever through C-Panel with Bluehost. I also have a server here in my office and I've created a mirror site there. I had the same problem.

Ironically on both computers I had the same results.... and then as fast as the problem presented itself it also disappeared and everything worked fine. It continues to work fine now! There must be some explanation why this happened though. But it's working ok now.

I had another question about another of your products... the Power Gallery. Do you work with that as well?

The error by the way said there was a MySql syntact error to the right or the section of code where the sort of the results page is located. I had put that in my original post but I guess the characters it allowed wasn't long enough. The fundimental problem was a syntax error.

On another subject, I had asked you this question before... in the index.php file I had included in this post I had asked you previously about the "required" field "showbegin" . I works fine on regular windows computers with the HTML5 code I used... but for Ipads and other IOS devices it doesn't seem to work. You had suggested re-generating the page and then using the javascript code from the regenerated page to paste into the current page. That sounded like a good idea, but I'm uncertain of where to look in the javascript code to find that section you wanted me to paste.

I REPLICATED THE ERROR!!!! HERE IT IS...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '%Gainesville%) ORDER BY showbegin, totaldays, area, location, organizati ASC LI' at line 1

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd have to look at the page. It sounds like there is an issue with your SELECT statement in your Recordset. What page was this on? What url did you use to access the page?

Please post new questions to the correct associated category in our forums and we can handle them individually. Please one topic per thread.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...