close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Copy of existing/working site will not run

Thread began 6/04/2015 12:27 pm by john70964 | Last modified 6/04/2015 3:59 pm by Ray Borduin | 1399 views | 4 replies |

john70964

Copy of existing/working site will not run

Hello
I have a mysql site on my remote server with the original files on my local machine both are working correctly.

I need to make a few pages responsive so I planned to download the working site to my local machine under a different file name to practise!

When I copiedthe files to the new local site I get an error "Dynamically related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server".

When I look at the definitions they seem to be correct.

I then decided to try another method and copied the files from my local working site htdocs to another folder in htdocs. I get the same error.

I can see the database connection is not working and if i try to edit this and select the database no database is listed.

I wondered if you can throw any light on what may be going wrong please?

I am attaching an image which may throw some light on the sibject

Many thanks

John

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This looks like a bad url in the site settings in dreamweaver that you have blacked out.

Is that the url to the new location? Maybe that is still pointing to the other site's folder?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john70964

Thanks Ray
I have attached images showing the setup.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Is it case sensitive? Do you have your local server running? If you type the url in directly in the browser does it work? http://localhost/BFSN-responsive-2015/index.php

Is this the site that is checked as the "Testing Server"?

(on a side note, I would uncheck the "Automatically upload files to server on save" check box... it isn't your issue, but our wizards open and save a lot of files very quickly and this option has been known to cause issues in some cases)

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john70964

Thanks Ray
the http://localhost/BFSN-responsive-2015/index.php failed and made me look harder. I found a missing 's' in the root folder!
Thanks for your help and apologies for my mistake.
A friend in need etc etc

John

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...