close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Extensions not working in CC (They do in CS6 and CC2014.1)

Thread began 5/26/2015 2:12 pm by mrs | Last modified 6/08/2015 12:51 pm by Ray Borduin | 5027 views | 9 replies |

mrs

Extensions not working in CC (They do in CS6 and CC2014.1)

I have CS6, CC and CC2014.1 installed. The extensions won't work in CC. Do you know why?

I have installed the WA extensions via the extension manager install button of both the CS6 extension manager and the CC extension manager.

The problem is that the CC extension manager controls the extensions for both CC and CC2014.1, and as far as the CC extension manager is concerned, both programs have the extensions installed and active. I actually don't like using CC2014.1 because of the constant live view, so I am trying to use CC as it has the design view still, but sadly the only extensions that I'm aware of that aren't working are the WA ones. How do I overcome and rectify this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Are you getting a particular error? I use CC almost exclusively, so it should work.

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the extensions in the extension manager. If you explained exactly what your experience is when it doesn't work I might be able to narrow it down more.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mrs

It's strange really because what I am doing is trying anything from the web assist menu, selecting it, but nothing happens. I am able to open the menu and select something else straight after and so on but nothing happens... no windows open, nothing. It's totally ignoring anything selected from the web assist menu!

Other extensions from other vendors work, just not WA ones even though I've installed them the same way!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Did you open a blank page and allow the installer to run? There is a second installation step after the extension runs where more files are added from within Dreamweaver and another restart is required. The problem as you describe it sounds like the installation isn't running from within Dreamweaver.

mrs

Actually, now you say it, the secondary installer did run in CC2014.1 (which is what I opened first to then decide that I didn't want to use CC2014.1 and wanted to revert to CC), however the installer didn't run in CC.

Should the secondary installer run in all versions of DW now? It never did previously in CS6.

Is there a way to force it to run in CC now, or should I just reinstall?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would have to reinstall to force it to run again. It will only run when you open a page as well, so make sure you open a page in Dreamweaver after installing before trying to access anything from the menu.

mrs

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, launched CC (not CC2014.1), had the secondary installation step happen, and still can't get the extensions to work in CC!

Any thoughts?

mrs

Brilliant!

I thought I'd remove the problem entirely by uninstalling CC2014.1 from my Mac… I chose to remove all preferences for for the application to ensure that no conflicts would occur in the future, and in doing so, Adobe Extension manager now has no applications in it that it can install an extension into. Flash, Photoshop, InDesign… everything has disappeared from the list on the left!

OK I thought, I'll uninstall DW CC too and then reinstall it to see if I can kick the applications back into the extension manager… perhaps there's just been a little glitch. Now I've uninstalled it DW CC, I can't locate from the creative cloud menu, so I can't reinstall it.

Any thoughts on this now?

Thanks.

mrs

Right, found the installer for DW CC, installed it, but nothing appears in the CC extension manager list on the left still. Have double clicked an extension to install, but extension manager just say it needs DW v.9 or higher. CC is v.13.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This sounds like an issue with the CC extension manager. Unfortunately you may have to contact Dreamweaver support, or reinstall Dreamweaver CC entirely. This is not a problem with the extension file itself that we could resolve.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...