close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

500 Server Error when adding Update function

Thread began 5/19/2015 4:21 pm by LionsMane | Last modified 5/20/2015 10:08 am by Ray Borduin | 2338 views | 8 replies |

LionsMane

500 Server Error when adding Update function

Attached page is fine without the Update function added.. but as soon as I add it to the page and load it from the web server in a browser, I'm getting a general 500 error and no amount of tweaking seems to fix it. Help!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Add this to the top of the page:

php:
<?php

ini_set
('display_errors',1);
?>

That should give you a better error message that could lead you to the solution.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

LionsMane

Yeah, I tried that already, and it doesn't give me any error. Just continues to say:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you give me ftp access to the server and a url I can debug it.

I'd start by adding a die("here"); statement on top of the page and then move it down a few lines at a time until I didn't see it any more. That would help narrow down the exact line of code causing the error. Once you have the line of code narrowed down, then you can hypothesis about why it causes an error... we just need more information than a general error.

LionsMane

I can do that, but first, can you maybe explain why this error ONLY begins to happen once the mySQLi Update function code is added? It's definitely SOMETHING in that chunk of code.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No I can't... that is why I would narrow it down using die() statements. It could be something as simple as you didn't upload one of the required library files. Once you narrow down the line of code I can formulate a hypothesis.

LionsMane

PM

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What is the url? I'll need that to test.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Actually I can see by looking that you haven't uploaded the file: webassist/mysqli/queryobj.php

That is probably the issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...