close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't establish a dynamic link with CSS Menu Writer and MySQLi

Thread began 5/12/2015 12:02 am by david73021 | Last modified 7/13/2015 8:46 pm by Ray Borduin | 2623 views | 9 replies |

david73021

Can't establish a dynamic link with CSS Menu Writer and MySQLi

Using Dreamweaver CC and Design Extender with Yosemite I went to put in a dynamic link using CSS Menu Writer. I bring up the edit menu content window and select the + icon and choose a dynamic link. For connection I select define and choose a Dynamic MySQLi Connection. I go through the usual process and test connection and it's working perfectly. I'm now back in the Dynamic Link window but for connection there is nothing, the Connection still says None and there is nothing in the drop down. I have been using CSS Menu Writer for many years but i have never seen this. I am presuming it is something to do with fact that I am using Dreamweaver CC.

I have not done anything different to how I would usually work. Installed Dreamweaver CC then downloaded the database behaviours panel then downloaded and installed Super Suite and that's me. I have tried removing and reinstalling extension but it still does not want to know.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

David Fullstone.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Menu writer has not been updated to work with MySQLi yet. The best solution would probably be to generate the menu using regular MySQL and then manually update the recordset, loops, and data references on the generated menu php page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

david73021

MySQLi and CSS Menu Writer

That's cool so long as I know. I'm sure Webassist will get it to work soon enough. I was working as an Oracle contractor for a couple of years but have moved back to my web business and panicked a bit on the php support side of things. I'm currently rebuilding all my web sites to be totally HTML5 and MySQLi compliant. Hopefully other extensions will be MySQLi compliant :-)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We are working on it, but there are a lot of interfaces to get to. If you want help manually updating a page or menu in the meantime we are here to help.

david73021

Making Progress

Thanks Ray, it's sort of worked out well as I am combining your extensions with learning MySQLi at the same time so I'm learning a lot whilst getting those little things done for me. Finally finished and managed to use your extensions (with some code modifications) to access a partitioned table and even managed to work out how to make a call to procedures on the MySQL server and display results with minimal modifications :-)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please let me know the modifications that were necessary and we can work them into an update. Any feedback on how we can improve the functionality is appreciated.

david73021

My Code

Hi Ray I have added my code below and you can see where I am building my new website at http://www.businessdirectorylistings.co.uk/bd2015/ as the root website is getting a bit dated.

Dave W

Hi Ray,
Wondering if you can help. I am having the same problem as david73021.
I have converted all of the menu system to MySqli, and I can get the level 2 to show all of it's items, but as you can't nest two queries in MySqli I can't get the level 1 to show all of it's items. I wonder would you could offer some advice?
I have attached the menu script in a PM.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Even though you can't apply the server behavior in a nested record, you should still be able to apply it below and copy and paste it into a nested scenario and it will work.

That is what I would suggest doing... just add some text below and repeat that and manually move the repeat region back inside of the other once the code is on the page.

Dave W

Hi Ray,
Thanks for your help, it's now sorted.
Compleated script attached might be useful if someone else asks the same question.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...