close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerCMS, iRite and HTML <P> tag

Thread began 8/30/2009 3:19 pm by daryl329390 | Last modified 9/14/2009 2:26 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2890 views | 4 replies |

daryl329390

PowerCMS, iRite and HTML <P> tag

I have PowerCMS with iRite. I would like to eliminate the starting <P> tag and ending tag. I saw the following post under iRite but there is no NONE in formating for PowerCMS.

Question on iRite forum:
When I use iRite on a page that updates a record in my database, why do I see HTML tags such as “<p>” in the iRite text area?

Answer on iRite forum:
This happens if the Initial Value of the iRite instance is set to use formatting that converts HTML tags to HTML entities, in other words “<p>” to “&lt;p&gt;”. To fix this, select the iRite editor instance on your page and click the Edit button from the Properties inspector. Click the Initial Value lightning bolt and set the formatting to none.

But, how can I accomplish this with PowerCMS?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The initial <p></p> tags that surround the entered text are not set in the formatting of the iRite instance. This is a setting in the WA_iRite > fckconfig.js file. In this file look for this near line 117:

FCKConfig.EnterMode = 'p' ;			// p | div | br

change this to br like this:

FCKConfig.EnterMode = 'br' ;			// p | div | br

Your browser will cache the previous settings you were using so to check you may want to try in a new browser.

web_assist_mail157665

Does this actually get rid of the extraneous P TAGS the iRite creates?

or just change the TAG that is used for the return?

ie after making the change to the above, paragraphs will no longer with with a PARA TAG they will end with a BR TAG?.

Certainly wouldn't want that!

anonymous

No... that just controls how FCKeditor responds when you hit your "return" or "enter" key... you can make it so when you hit "enter", it just creates a break tag and goes one line down as opposed to enter creating a new paragraph which then the spacing will be based on your p tag's stylesheet attributes.

I would just leave "enter" set to paragraph and then if you just want to create a break tag and go one line down... then use "shift + enter" which will give you a break tag.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Brian, it does stop FCK Editor from entering the leading <p> tag.

Since a paragraph has an opening and closing tag, if it is set to use <p> for enter, it will automatically assume an opening <p> tag is needed when the page loads.

A <br> tag does not have an opening tag, so nothing is automacly entered when the editor loads.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...