close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

No "Save id in session as" on the MySQLi Update Record behaviour? Why?

Thread began 4/29/2015 3:08 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 4/30/2015 3:47 pm by Ray Borduin | 2980 views | 6 replies |

Nathon Jones Web Design

No "Save id in session as" on the MySQLi Update Record behaviour? Why?

Why does the the MySQLi Insert Record behaviour have a "Save id in session as" option but the Update behaviour doesn't?

Both my Insert and Update forms take users to a confirmation page to allow them to check their Insert/Update data. On the Insert confirmation page I can use the "Save id in session as" value to query my database table and create a recordset however on my Update confirmation page I don't have this option.

I don't want to append a querystring value to the Update behaviour's target URL because I want to keep the ID value hidden.

How to acheive?
Thank you.
NJ

Sign in to reply to this post

Nathon Jones Web Design

I've used the Persistence > Set Session Value behaviour to create a session ID whose value is the unique record ID from the recordset on my Update form page.

I'm still curious as to why "Save id in session as" isn't available for the MySQLi Update Record behaviour though.

Adding the Persistence > Set Session Value behaviour has caused these errors to resurface though:
Warning: Unknown: open(\\VHOSTS3SHARE01\expressphpsessions$\sess_99ut17r8hsc3nffiabkvfu3qr2, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (\\VHOSTS3SHARE01\expressphpsessions$) in Unknown on line 0

Which is, according to our host, a scripting issue which makes sense because this error only appeared once we added the Persistence > Set Session Value behaviour to our page (select the option from the Edit News button dropdown):
http://www.nathonjones.com/templates/addnewsPHP/admin/admin.php

Hope you can resolve this for us. Thank you.
NJ

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is definitely a hosting issue and not a scripting issue.

The problem is exactly what the error says that it is: "Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct"

It means the session.save_path setting in the php.ini file is set to a non-existent folder or one that doesn't have the proper permissions.

Most likely any script that tries to set a session variable would produce the same error... Try a simple script on a new page like:

php:
<?php

session_start
();
$_SESSION['test_sessions'] = 'saved value';
?>

Do you get the same error? If so, you will have to go back to your hosting company and show them this simple page and they won't be able to avoid it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You already have the ID in an update scenario (you have to in order to be able to update). If you want to store the ID in the session you can use the set session value server behavior to store it that way. We include the option in the Insert scenario because the ID was just created and there is no other way to store it.

Nathon Jones Web Design

I've moved the whole thing to a new server because it has quite literally driven me mad today. Host is saying it's WebAssist, WebAssist is saying it's the host.

This was all on a Windows 2003 server previously so I've moved it to a Windows 2008 server and whilst that session save path error is now gone I'm faced with this:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: formIMAGE in E:\Domains\p\portpatrick.me.uk-1026924328\user\htdocs\rickwood\webassist\file_manipulation\helperphp.php on line 72

To see this for yourself...
http://www.portpatrick.me.uk/rickwood/admin/admin.php

...and select the "News Title" option from the Edit News drop down.
The edit news form will load fine, however if you don't change anything and simply click the "Edit News" button you get the above error.

FTP details provided below should you need them.
Thank you.
NJ

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Update your <form> tag to include: enctype="multipart/form-data" that is necessary to upload files.

Nathon Jones Web Design

Thank you Ray.

The upgrade to 2008 server seemed to solve the other issue.
Much appreciated.
NJ

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...