close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Google Checkout

Thread began 3/30/2009 7:59 am by terry164844 | Last modified 11/18/2009 7:40 am by missbrashaw307820 | 5438 views | 9 replies |

terry164844

Google Checkout

Can eCart be used to pass the checkout to Google Checkout?

Terry

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

eCart does not currently directly support Google Checkout. If you are familiar with implementing Google Checkout by hand, then it would be easy to implement eCart, but it is a relatively complex system.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

terry164844

Ray,

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

Tery

tom92909Beta Tester

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  eCart does not currently directly support Google Checkout. If you are familiar with implementing Google Checkout by hand, then it would be easy to implement eCart, but it is a relatively complex system.  

Are there any plans to add support for Google Checkout within eCart? Google Checkout has become a very popular option for many shoppers and I would love to have that as an option going forward.

I would have to say that Google Checkout is #1 on my wishlist for eCart at this time.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No immediate plans, but thanks for the suggestion.

clementoke364704

Ecart and Google Checkout

Would it be possible to at least let us know what to modify field names to in order to enable google checkout working with ecart?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You wouldn't have to modify any field names. You would have to follow the Google checkout documentation and refer to the eCart fields when necessary for things like price and product name.

clementoke364704

Google Checkout

Yes but are there any pointers as to what fields I don't need in the ecart like all the php code for repeat regions, google documentation doesn't tell you how to do that, and I am running 2 types of carts Paypal and google so I can't just adopt the one system for both

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Get a sample working with Google's sample code without integrating eCart. Then swap out the values you entered by hand with eCart code.

You can get the code you need to reference columns by dragging the bindings values onto the page and appying the "repeat cart region" server behavior will give you the sample code for looping through the cart.

missbrashaw307820

Out of curiosity, why isn't google checkout an integrated option with ecart?
I always just assumed that it was not possible to integrate but I was just on the checkout site and saw a whole list of shopping carts that support it.

I have a client that is, well, difficult. Try as I might to steer her to use a supported payment gateway she of course signed up with google checkout (she thinks PayPal seems "lowbrow"). I have already spent WAY too much time with this woman and now it looks like I have even more work ahead with adding the google gateway. ugh.

For the future it would be nice to have a valid argument against google that I could tell people ("i don't know how to add it" doesn't seem appropriate...)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...