close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

add comments field my checkout page

Thread began 4/20/2015 11:40 am by marsha431457 | Last modified 5/04/2015 11:41 am by Ray Borduin | 3961 views | 27 replies |

marsha431457

add comments field my checkout page

Ray said:Just add a standard text field to the Checkout page. No need to have the cart involved as described in my first message on this topic.

I am having trouble figuring out where in the code to put it, because all i can see in design view are 3 divs: one div with nothing visible in it (progress bar), then two divs with PHP, and then a bunch of hidden fields. Trying to figure out where in the code to put it. I guess I will put it in after the 2 divs with PHP but before all the hiddens.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Put it wherever you want it on the checkout page so it looks how you want it to look.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

marsha431457

OK, so I did that and now the custom email no longer works, plus the comments are not carrying through. Seems strangle because checkout was not one of the pages we messed with when we did the email.

Attached Files
checkout.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you added the comments field into the cart_wrapper div into it's own separate form tag. You would have to add the comments to the existing form tag.

Not sending the email has nothing to do with adding the comments field. Where you have added it wouldn't do anything.

marsha431457

That was the 3rd place I tried the comments field. The other 2 were not good for different reasons. One came out above the masthead and the other messed up the whole form (I think that one was within the existing form tag). Will move it into the form tag, out of the form tag it's in.

I didn't think adding the comments to the checkout page would have anything to do with the email, but that was the only thing I changed on the entire site. What would cause that to happen?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Are you still getting to the success page? That is the page that sends the email and the only page that would effect it getting sent unless of course you never got to the page at all, which would then be the setting on the confirm page. No matter what it wouldn't be the checkout page.

Perhaps you should consider signing up for a one hour premier support ticket. I can look through it all with you, get it all working and tested and get it all working in under an hour rather than going back and forth the way we have been so far.

marsha431457

OK, the email is working again now. That must have been something funny when he tested it last night. I just watched him do it and he got the success page and the receipt.

Now I just need to fix the comments, PLUS they have asked if it is possible to bind the customer's contact info into the receipt (we have BCC on for our client so he can also see the receipt, it is much clearer than the Authorize one is for passing on the customer's choices, especially the inscription). And we have some other issues to solve with the tag order pages (regarding validations I think).

I agree the back and forth is frustrating but my boss is already concerned that this has cost more than our original estimate (we had to buy Data Bridge which we didn't originally plan on) and taken 4x as much time. His first question was "how much does the premier support ticket cost?" If we do decide to go that route I need to find a clear hour when I won't be distracted by other jobs and also I maybe need to make a list of ALL the problems we are having with the order pages.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

A premier ticket is $99.99 and I'm sure we could fix all of your issues in it since you are so close as it is. I'm still perfectly willing to keep helping here, just offering this as a quicker solution.

marsha431457

I will talk to my boss about that, but in the meantime I will continue with this thread. So far I have been unable to put the comments in effectively, so any suggestions or specific instructions you can give me would be appreciated.

Second question is whether we can bind the customer's shipping info into the email. I realize we are not in the email thread any longer, but you are so right about that thread getting too long. If you need me to open a new thread for this question I will do that. I don't want to be a pest.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please open a new thread for each topic. For the comments field, please provide a current copy of the checkout page and confirm page and I can suggest what steps need to be taken.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...