close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping Options UK

Thread began 4/16/2015 2:46 am by NWak04030229 | Last modified 4/17/2015 10:33 am by Ray Borduin | 753 views | 4 replies |

NWak04030229

Shipping Options UK

Couple of questions regarding the shipping options in eCart 6:
1) The default options are all US based, can these be changed to UK options (ie Royal Mail, ParcelForce)?
2) I'd like to charge amounts dependent on the number of items that are purchased. So if between 1-5 items = £1.00: 6-10 items = £2.50 etc - Is that possible?
Many thanks
Nick

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Last I checked Royal Mail didn't have an API. To use them you have to get their price charts, populate a database, and then look up the associated charge from the recordset. I haven't done ParcelForce, but assuming they have sample code you can use that works, it wouldn't be too difficult to implement (we could help with either of these in a premier support ticket)

Quantity based shipping is a simple rule you can add to the cart. I'm sure you could do that one on your own by going to the shipping tab of the cart object and adding a rule for each price point.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

NWak04030229

The Royal Mail and the ParcelForce isn't really necessary I have discovered. I have put in new Shipping Options in the eCart Objects but when I try the cart out it hasn't got any shipping details at all and nothing is added when it goes to Paypal. I am not getting any error messages but I was slightly confused as I was following instructions given by Jason to another Forum user and in Jason's version, all the UK Shipping Options were dependent on the following:
AND If session variable exists: [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country]
AND If session variable [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] = [UK]
but then the person who had asked the question found that it wasn't working and he had to enter GB instead. Could you tell me what I should be using - UK or GB? I have attached a copy of the cart and the confirm pages in case they are of any help. If you need to see any other pages I can send them
I appreciate your help on this - many thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The country code is "GB".... but the new checkout doesn't store all of the form fields individually any more.

To get the necessary field stored into the session, update your confirm_cart.php page and add this code below the cart's ->getContents() call:

php:
<?php

if (isset($_POST['Country'])) {

$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country'] = $_POST['Country'];
}
?>

That way the session variable you are referring to will be set and the shipping should be calculated properly.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

NWak04030229

That's great - all working now - had a bit of a blip (a rogue square bracket) but now all up and working
Thanks again for your help - really appreciated
Nick

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...