close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powerstore shipping

Thread began 4/06/2015 4:56 am by SPT | Last modified 4/15/2015 10:58 am by Ray Borduin | 4211 views | 10 replies |

SPT

Powerstore shipping

Hi Jason,

Could you help me figure out what I have set wrong in our Powerstore.

I believe we have a shipping rule problem.

When I hit check out message:

Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry

Your transaction could not be completed due to a problem occurring while calculating shipping.

I will leave login info in private area.

Thanks.

PS Ray is modifying our store at some point. Just so we do not cross wires. :)

Sign in to reply to this post

SPT

Login info in private area

Login info in private area

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We have had several people having trouble with USPS rate calculations recently. I know they are moving from RateV3 to RateV4 in September. I'm wondering if new accounts no longer work with RateV3?

I can look into this with the FTP information you provided and let you know if I find a solution.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

SPT

Thanks Ray.

SPT

Hi Ray,

Any luck on the USPS shipping? I still can not get it to check out.

SPT

Other concerns:

1 - the Gallery does not work in firefox, safri, or chrome (on the 4 computers here at the office). They seem to work in IE.
Page: https://www.studiotights.com/~studisi5/products_detail.php?ProductID=67

2- Whenever someone visits the site they get a security warning. Do we need an SSl to fix that?
This server could not prove that it is www.studiotights.com; its security certificate is from *.bluehost.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

3. I have used a Htaccess to change from the stores index page being the default. However people get a warning in their browser about a redirect. Is there a seamless way around this redirect warning?
My htacess code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/?$ /DaCota-Dancewear.php [L,R=301]

Ray BorduinWebAssist

1) This had to do with using https:// and not having ssl installed. I did correct this so that it will work anyway now.

2) Yes, you need to install an SSL certificate to not get errors with https:// you will have to talk to your host about getting SSL working

3) Default home page should be set from the hosting control panel and not with .htaccess

4) The shipping isn't working because you are using an invalid API user name... you need to sign up for the api on the usps web site and get a new username to use specifically for this purpose. It is not your normal user name. Use this link to sign up and get the correct user name.https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/welcome.htm

SPT

Thanks Ray for your patience and fixing this up for us.

So far so good.

Always #1 support from WebAssist!!

SPT

How to get shipping charges with PayPal checkout?

I have the USPS API setup. I have the PayPal API setup. PayPal Express.

When someone goes to check out there is no shipping charge just a PayPal button.
See attachment.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

At this point in the process they haven't provided a shipping address, so shipping can't be calculated from USPS yet. Once they go to paypal and fill in their shipping address they will be brought back to your site before payment is approved and the shipping charges should be displayed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...