close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver crash

Thread began 4/01/2015 3:18 pm by Jonas | Last modified 4/27/2015 2:01 pm by Ray Borduin | 2706 views | 5 replies |

Jonas

Dreamweaver crash

The problem with Dreamweaver crash after installing is now solved.
Solution: I need to install the WebAssist extensions one by one in Adobe Extension Manager. (First install one of them, then start Dreamweaver, then let WebAssist Installer download and install more files, then quit Dreamweaver. Then go back to AEM and do the same with next extension…). You should need a tutorial for this :).

Whoever the problem with WebAssist extension crash then the start to process - still remains.
For exampel: I choose a design type in CSS Sculptor and then press Edit-button - It crash. Same thing with WebAssist other extensions.

-----
My Dreamweaver crash then I use Webassist extensions.

I recently installed Mac OS X Yosemite on my mac. Then I reinstalled Dreamweaver and all extensions in Extension Manager. After that I started Dreamweaver. Then, the program installs files from WebAssist. When this was done, I pressed 'Done' and the program will restarts it says. But after I pressed that button, the program crashes. I try to start Dreamweaver again, but it crashes as soon I start any WebAssist extension. I've tried to re-install Dreamweaver and the extension - but nothing helps.

Dreamweaver work fine without any extensions at all. It also works fine with other extension. For example I use extensions from DMXZone, who have their own Extension Manager - which should not conflict according to them.

My version of Dreamweaver is 12.0.3. And I have the latest WebAssist extensions of DataBridge, FreeTools, Design Extender and MySQLi Server Behaviors.

This is solved (see solution): When I uninstall WebAssists extension from Adobe Extension Manager, the WebAssist uninstaller starts automatically and that works as i should I guess. But then I open Dreamweaver something goes wrong. The following message comes up: "The following JavaScript error occurred: The script file" ... Configuration: WA_Installer: Library: WA_Configuration.js could not be opened (error .2) ". It seems that AEM has not uninstalled everything. But the AEM is empty.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can't tell if your issues have all been solved, or if you need more help. If you still need help, please reply in the private area with a phone number and good time to reach you. Because of the nature of your problems I think I'd have to debug them in a screen sharing session to figure out a solution.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jonas

ok I will, thanks!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I believe I have found a fix for this issue. Please uninstall and reinstall the latest version from your download history and let me know if you still have issues.

Jonas

Somethings work but not everything. See private message!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The powerstore wizard will only install if it sees there is no connection named PowerCMSConnection.php.

If you delete that connection from the site, then it will copy over all of the cms files the next time that the Add content to CMS interface runs.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...