close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Double size date spacing

Thread began 3/25/2015 7:51 am by Dave W | Last modified 3/25/2015 11:07 am by Jason Byrnes | 2145 views | 6 replies |

Dave W

Double size date spacing

I have used date picker fequently with no problems. Since updating Data Bridge the formatting of the date pop-up has chnged. There is a spacing between each line of dates (see image). This shows the same in Firefox, chrome and IE.
Can you explain why this is please.
I have tried using themeroller to change the stye but when I try to use the downloaded zip file it tells me that there is no valid date picker files.
Help required please.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not able to reproduce this.

have you tried adding it the date picker to a blank page? does it show the same double spacing on a blank page? if not it is most likely that you have conflicting CSS on your page that is causing the issue.

Dave W

Hi Jason,
Yes it is OK on a blank page, although it does seem a little larger that I previously remember it to be.
Will have to check my css and see if anything could be causing the double spacing. Though without being able to check the date picker css it may prove a problem, it would take for ever to try and sort out the jquery-ui.css.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Use Fire Fox with the Fire Bug extension.

You can select the date picker and see the CSS that is being applied to it and disable then in real time to see the effect:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Using-Firebug

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

also, don't concentrate on the jQuery CSS, concentrate on your CSS. where it doesn't happen on a blank page, it is not being caused by the jQuery CSS, it is being caused by your CSS on the page that has the problem.

with fire bug, you can do "destructive troubleshooting". what i mean by this is; in Fire Bug, remove large chunks of the CSS till you find the section causing the problem.

Then refresh the page to load the page again and concentrate on the section you found earlier, removing smaller chunks till l yo find the smaller section, refresh the page and repeat until you can pinpoint the problem selector, then the problem rule in the selector.

Dave W

Hi Jason,
Thanks for that. I have found the problem now, it was an h2 a, a:link element that was the problem. I was using a style sheet I devised for general use in most of my CMS designs and I obviously needed it for one of them, but I can remove it for this site as I dont use it.
Thanks again for your useful and prompt help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome, glad to hear you found the problem.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...