close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

All editors look the same

Thread began 3/16/2015 5:54 pm by vernon webb | Last modified 3/20/2015 11:09 am by Jason Byrnes | 2700 views | 9 replies |

vernon webb

All editors look the same

No matter what I do all my editors look the same. I've chosen different ones and save the page, uploaded the page after saving and the editor in case it changed, but no matter what the editor looks the same. I even tried creating a new page (http://www.rsavvy.com/admin/editor_temp.php) and looks the same as the other one. How can I fix this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Stylistically, HTML Editor will look the same on each page. they all use the same theme. The differences will be in the toolbar settings.

When you say:
I've chosen different ones and save the page

what exactly do you mean by that? Different toolbars? please provide more details.

a link where i can see the problem would also be helpful.

vernon webb

The link was provided above and here again.

http://www.rsavvy.com/admin/editor_temp.php

What I am talking about is the Editor Preset as I see no style I'm not sure what else you could be talking about.

* Advanced Manager Enabled
* Compact
* Normal

etc..

vernon webb

Just to make things more clear nothing changes. I would like for the fonts to be there, I would like for all the toolbars to be there, but no matter which option I choose it's always the same.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to edit the tools that are in the preset, click the Pencil Icon next to the preset list and go to the Toolbar tab.

here you can select or remove toolbar items that will show in the editor.

vernon webb

I'm wondering if your actually trying to help me here. Seriously? Three days later now. Did you even look at the page? Did you even look at what I've typed? There are different presents, this I would thing you would know, these presents would put different things on the page, as in toolbars and items on the tool bar, but do matter what I choose it is always the same. One of those presents was the fonts colors on there (I know I can see it in the preview), but they never show up no matter which preset I try.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Am i trying to help? Yes, of course i am, but your initial question was not very clear. even on trying to get clarification, it was not very clear.
Where you say "All editors look the same" I did not understand what you meant. The Same as what?

When i asked for a link to see the problem, i was asking for a comparison link, you sent a link to one page, but not another page for comparison.

Did I look at the page? Yes, i did, but you don't really give any details on what I should be looking for. what is the problem with page? you don't say what toolbar items should be present that are missing, you simply say it is wrong. i'm left scratching my head wondering wrong in what way?

I now understand that what you mean is; regardless of preset selected, it is adding the same toolbar the page every time.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Data Bridge installed in the DW Extension Manager. the current version is 1.2.2. If you have a previous version installed, make sure to remove it from the extension manager before installing the newer one.

You may also want to delete the web assist/ckeditor folder from the site so that it will get recreated with the current version included in Data Bridge, it may be that you have an older version.

vernon webb

It's always the same with you. I constantly buy and upgrade your product and for the life of me I can't figure out why. Oh it doesn't work? Buy the upgrade. Uninstall and install the upgrade! Every time I need support it's the same with you. I post a message 24 hours later I get a response. I respond, 24 hours later another response. It's a joke man! Seriously you couldn't figure out what I wanted from the first post? What else would I be talking about, what would be missing? What could be missing but toolbars? Maybe if you sat there and thought about the question!?!

How many times have I been here with your product? The product is supposed to make my life easier but it simply does not. I could have downloaded and figured out how to use the ck Editor in far less time. This post, just another wasted stall. Stall, stall stall, that's all they are are stall tactics. I can assure you I will no longer be purchasing any more of your products or up grades as I'm done with the attitude. I have simply lost faith in your product. Hundreds if not thousands of dollars I have spent on your products over the years and I get this attitude. You are left scratching your head I am left shaking my head with the disrespect I have gotten from you time and time again.

vernon webb

I take it back it fixed it, but I am truly fed up wit the attitude that I always seem to get from you Jason. I buy a product to make my life easier and it seems that any time I try to do something I am contacting tech support because the product doesn't work right. It's quite frustrating.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I surly did not mean to come off as giving you attitude or to insult you in any way.

I truly apologize, but I did not understand the question in the way it was asked. I will try to do better in the future.

Suggesting that you reinstall was not a stall tactic. My logic for that suggestion is this:

over the years, CKEditor have changed the syntax for some of the toolbar buttons. So this being the case, you may have an older version of the CKEditor files on your server, but the toolbar presets are using the newer syntax. this would cause some buttons to not appear.

removing the CKEditor folder from your site, and upgrading to the latest version of Data Bridge would ensure that the CKEditor version being added to the site matches the toolbar syntax.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...