close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

inserting a remote checkout form

Thread began 1/29/2015 1:03 pm by marsha431457 | Last modified 2/18/2015 9:40 am by Jason Byrnes | 4588 views | 36 replies |

marsha431457

inserting a remote checkout form

where do I place cursor my shopping cart (eCart6) to insert a remote checkout form. i am assuming this is necessary after reading documentation. But I have tried it and it inserts the button along with the buttons that are already there (Continue Shopping, Clear Cart, Update, Checkout) and comes up with a whole slew of illegal tags (yellow highlighted).

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you should be using the checkout wizard to create the checkout pages for your gateway. most of time it is better to use the wizard than create the checkout pages manually.

if you do create the checkout manually, the checkout form would ned be added to the cart display page, but rather to a checkout page that you create.

marsha431457

We did use the checkout wizard. The problem is that it collects shipping and billing info that are ALSO taken care of by the Authorize.net page that you go to when you hit checkout. That's when we went to Help and found the section about inserting a remote checkout form... is there a way to use the wizard but NOT have them have to fill out shipping and billing info twice?

Also when we tested it, this message showed up:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2oudukbqoa6kjkp/Screenshot%202015-01-29%2009.07.39.png?dl=0

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You can remove the billing and shipping fields form the checkout form if you like, you will also need to remove the server validation, it is either on the confirm_cart or confirm page.

the error suggests that some files are not uploaded to the server.

make sure to upload the entire web assist folder and the WA_eCart folder.

marsha431457

I could not find either of those files in the WA_eCart folder, but will re-upload.

marsha431457

Please clarify "remove the billing and shipping fields from the checkout form".
When I open checkout.php the only thing that is on the page is the billing form. If I remove that there will be nothing there.

I do see where to remove the validation in confirm_cart.php. I guess I just need to remove the show if block?

Authorize.net is supposed to be collecting the billing and shipping info.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ok, if you dont have shipping form fields, just remove the billing ones.

"I guess I just need to remove the show if block?"

Yes, that is correct

marsha431457

We did that and it is still showing the billing info before going to authorize.net. We also got an error from them on checkout:

Not able to check out: Error code 103
http://developer.authorize.net/tools/responsereasoncode/

The authorize.net gateway we are using collects shipping/billing information on the authorize site.
That extra information may cause confusion. No need to send anything but the cart information.

Not able to find code that POSTs the API login ID or the Current Transaction Key.
I believe all information for those keys was entered correctly in the wizards.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Looks like the billing form fields where not removed.

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

marsha431457

see private message

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...