close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Existing form items

Thread began 1/13/2015 1:09 pm by marsha431457 | Last modified 1/14/2015 8:58 am by Jason Byrnes | 742 views | 7 replies |

marsha431457

Existing form items

way I can use my existing form items, or do I have to recreate them all in eCart?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if you want to create your own add to cart forms, use the add to cart server behavior instead of the add to cart button.

to access the add to cart server behavior, open the server behaviors panel, and click the plus button, then select WebAssist -> eCart -> Add To Cart -> Add To Cart

marsha431457

add to cart forms, existing form items

So I can't just insert a table into the add to cart form object and put the elements in, I need to create a whole new add to cart button using server behavior? I already formatted the add to cart button and the bindings, and I am trying not to repeat/retype my efforts. Also have the form on the old order page (the URL I sent previously). Wanted to paste some of the list item code in, so not to have to retype it ALL.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

well, you can add form elements to a form that is created by the add to cart button, but you then need to edit the add to cart behavior to bind the form elements to the cart columns.

In My opinion, it is easier to have the add to cart button create the form elements, then populate them after they are created, even though it may mean a bit of typing.

marsha431457

That's what I was trying to do, but wanted to use some of the existing code just for the items in the list that are the same in 4 places on three or four pages (for different products tho). That was the typing I was trying to avoid.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for a select list, you could copy the options tags only and add them to the eCart form.

marsha431457

Yes, that is what I am talking about! Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the key is not to change the form element name.

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...