close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

cant get delete file behaviour to work

Thread began 1/09/2015 8:22 am by s.joiner74419001 | Last modified 1/12/2015 9:14 am by Jason Byrnes | 735 views | 3 replies |

s.joiner74419001

cant get delete file behaviour to work

Jason I Need help on how to configure a delete file behaviour. I have a feeling its to do with the bindings in the settings but I just can't suss it out. Attached is my page. If you need remote access to site I can give this.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Few Problems:
1) In the delete form, you have the button and the hidden element both using the same name, files_c:
<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="delete-file" class="form-horizontal delete-file" id="delete-file">
<button class="btn btn-danger" name="files_c" id="files_c">Delete File / <?php echo $row_rsEnqDetails['files_c']; ?></button>

<input type="hidden" id="files_c" name="files_c" value="none">
</form>

2) button element types don't actually do any thing. change the button to a submit button, heres an example where i changed the name of the button so the hidden element can remain as is:
<input type="submit" class="btn btn-danger" name="submit_files_c" id="submit_files_c">

3) the hidden element should pass the file name as the value:
<input type="hidden" id="files_c" name="files_c" value="<?php echo $row_rsEnqDetails['files_c']; ?>">

s.joiner74419001

Thanks Jason, I now have the delete behaviour working, consequently I now have a problem with the page as a result of the delete behaviour.

The form that has the delete file behaviour is inside a repeat region. The repeat region is the correspondence for each enquiry. when the user posts a correspondence with an attachment it displays that post below the enquiry in the repeat region. The upload file also passes the file name to a field in the database table. ( This field is displayed in the repeat region so the user can see which post has uploaded a file, if there is no attachment the value of 'none' is passed to the Database. )

I have then tried to add an update record behaviour to the form that deletes the file so when the delete button is pressed it updates the files_c column to 'none' instead of the file name of the file thats just been deleted. ( I hope this is all making sense so far! )

Here's my problem!

Say there is an enquiry with three correspondence posts and the user wants to delete the file from the third post. If the 'Delete file' button on that post is pressed, it deletes the file but it updates the first post and not the third.

I hope I am making sense!!

Attached is the latest page!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add a hidden find to the delete file form, set the value for the hidden field to pass the correspondence ID

in the update behavior, bind the ID column value setting to the hidden field.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...