close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Is PayFlow Link?

Thread began 12/23/2014 1:47 pm by TroyD | Last modified 12/31/2014 3:42 pm by TroyD | 4419 views | 12 replies |

TroyD

PayFlow Link?

One of the websites that I just completed using PayPal Express checkout now has to be changed.

Anyway, I talked to the person at PayPal that set my client up with a Pro account and she told me I needed to use "PayFlow Link" or (I think she said) "PayPal Advanced". I'm trying to confirm this be so far I haven't heard back. It might have been "PayFlow Advanced".

My question is, if I choose PayFlow Link does that include only credit card purchases? If we want to also allow them to log into their PayPal account, is that why I would check the box for "Include the option to with PayPal Express"?

Also, is there a simple way to convert this from express to PayFlow link? Im guessing not.

Thanks,
TroyD

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

"My question is, if I choose PayFlow Link does that include only credit card purchases? If we want to also allow them to log into their PayPal account, is that why I would check the box for "Include the option to with PayPal Express"?"

YEs, clicking the option to include paypal express would give both checkout methods.

"Also, is there a simple way to convert this from express to PayFlow link?"

The simplest way to convert is to delete the existing checkout pages and re create them using the checkout wizard.

TroyD

Thanks Jason.

TroyD

TroyD

Jason, Do I still go through the setup in my client's PayPal Manager account for "Hosted Checkout Pages"? ("Setup, Customize & Integrate")?

Or is all of that unnecessary when doing it with eCart and creating the pages in the wizard? I'm not finding any API credentials in his login.

Thanks,
TroyD

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You will need to upgrade the account to a business account, then sign up for an Express Checkout API key.

See this tutorial:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Online-payment-solutions-eCommerce-Series

in the "Request API credentials" section.

TroyD

They have their PayPal account upgraded and they also have a login at manager.paypal.com
So we have the Partner, Vendor, User, PW credentials.
And their service status is as follows;
PayPal Payments Pro - Live
Hosted Checkout Pages - Live
Payflow SKD/API (Full Access) - Live
Paypal Express Checkout - Live

Reading the tutorial for the Payments Advanced for CafeCommerce (I had read it's the same for eCart), it tells you to log into the PP Manager and go to Service Settings > Setup. Then turn "Silent Post" to YES and enable Secure Token.

Do we do this before doing anything to the site? Will this interfere with the currently working Express Checkout on their site?

Also, on that same setup screen at the top it has "Transaction Process Mode" set to "Test". Do we change that to "Live"?

And what about all that other stuff. Billing, Shipping, Payment Confirmation, etc.? All of that is handled by the eCart generated pages right? Do we leave that blank here?

Lastly, PayPal has a tooltip in the setup next to the secure token settings, where it says "What is this?"... it tells us we need to "...implement the secure token on your website before turning this feature on..."
Do they mean the SSL cert. or is there something that eCart will include on the site that this will be looking for?

Sorry for all the questions but I've been on the phone with an engineer from PayPal and so far it hasn't been helpful.

Thanks
TroyD

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should be all set up. You don't need to turn on Silent Post or Enable Secure token. Don't change any settings and then you can be sure it won't interfere with any existing setups.

You should probably turn the mode to live once everything is working.

I think you are ready to go. Just work on your web site now and we can help you debug issues if you come to them.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

TroyD

Thanks Ray.
So with it in "Test" mode now, do I have to also have the eCart credentials in Test mode? I'm trying to use real credentials and I get as far as the checkout page and when I click continue I get "Transaction Not Completed. We're sorry. Your transaction could not be completed."

It never goes to the failure page. I get that message on the checkout page if that means anything.

I should mention I am trying this on my local server using MAMP Pro. And there is no SSL currently. Maybe this is the problem but I can't establish for sure what the problem is.

Thanks,
TroyD

TroyD

In addition to the above.

I noticed that in the gateways.php page the credentials are not filled in after the } else {.
So the credentials for the PP Advanced are filled in as follows. (real credentials replaced for this post).

php:
// start settings Payflow API

$WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_TestMode = false;
  if ($WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_TestMode) {
    $WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_Partner = "PayPal";
    $WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_Vendor = "VendorName";
    $WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_User = "UserName";
    $WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_Password = "pw123_here";
  } else {
    $WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_Partner = "";
    $WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_Vendor = "";
    $WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_User = "";
    $WA_PayPal_Payflow_API_Password = "";
  }
  // end settings Payflow API

I tried filling in the last 4 lines and it got me slightly further. But now the error is...

"Some required information is missing or incorrect. Please correct the fields below and try again.
Error: PayPal Express Checkout is not setup on this account."

However, this account shows that Express Checkout is active.

What could be wrong here?

Thanks,
TroyD

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like it should be working... I'd like to debug this with you. Please reply and include your phone number and a good time to reach you over the next couple of days and I'll debug this with you in a screen sharing session.

If you are outside the US, then please include a Skype name because I won't be able to dial outside of the US directly.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...