close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

edit file.

Thread began 12/18/2014 1:30 pm by Kumel | Last modified 12/22/2014 2:02 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1888 views | 7 replies |

Kumel

edit file.

i have an update record page. here there are many 4 file field.

When an text record is added it can be modified & changed easily. What about for image field or any other file field. If it needs to be replaced or so.

How can we create?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see this tutorial for details on adding file upload to data assist pages:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Add-file-fields-to-Data-Bridge-insert-update-pages

Kumel

I had chosen update record from server bev panel. i got attached error. then

i m receiving an error as such in update page:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/eta/edit-boat.php on line 84

File attached.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the binding code for the img3 column is not correct, in the update behavior, you will need to reselect the bidding for that column. it currently has incorrect code for a form element named img3 that does not exist. you will need to reselect the binding for a form element that does exist.

Kumel

ok pages are working fine. Here admin can add boat details. 3 images. & 1 file (pdf)

Now lets say 3 IMAGES are added & file also added. then lets say he want to change file (pdf) then he can choose & add but if he doesnt choose any file in file field then record for file field gets cleared. & is empty.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you need to have a file field for each of the 3 images, and the pdf, so 4 file fields and a file upload behavior for each.

on the update page, each file field will need a corresponding hidden form element.

the hidden form element will have the initial value bound to the corresponding column from the recordset used to populate the update page. and in the file upload behavior, bind the Default File Name setting to the hidden form element.

this is covered in the tutorial I linked to previously:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Add-file-fields-to-Data-Bridge-insert-update-pages

Kumel

i m facing small problem here in this page. files are not uploading on server & not updated it db.

File attached. its an update page.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For file uploads to work, the forms encoding type needs to be set to multipart/ form-data.

In the tag selector of DW, select the form tag, then open the property inspector to change the encoding type.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...