close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart6 store PayPal transaction ID

Thread began 12/04/2014 6:55 am by troyd | Last modified 1/12/2015 8:39 am by Jason Byrnes | 3169 views | 17 replies |

troyd

Using the Express checkout, what do I bind to on the pp_confirm page so that the transaction id is stored with the order?

I have a column in my order table called txn_id as usual but I can't figure out what is sent back from PayPal with that number.

Thanks
TroyD

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the biding panel, there should be a binding group for the Transaction response From PayPal Express.

one of the bindings in this group is the transaction ID binding.

troyd

Yes, wow how did I miss that?

So now I have it successfully saving to the db but I also need to include it in the email sent to the seller so he can easily match up his email to the PayPal receipt.
When I included that same binding in the email template, it didn't work. Can that be sent to the email template?

And on the same subject, I would like to include the buyer's tx id on the customer's receipt but it's a different transaction ID. I don't see a binding under the Payer Profile bindings.

Thanks
TroyD

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

create session variables that save the transaction ID and other information from the response, then use those sessions in the email.

troyd

Thanks Jason. What do I use for the buyer's transaction ID? I don't see one under Payer Profile.

Also, can I use the "Custom" binding under that group, to send information round trip? If so, where do I bind to it?
In PayPal Standard, I think I used a hidden form element for that kind of stuff.

Thanks,
TroyD

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

looking in the paypal documentation, I Don't see a buyers transaction ID for PayPpal express. this must be something specific to paypal standard that is not present in express.

i dont understand what you mean by:
to send information round trip

troyd

Ok.

Sorry, what I mean by "round trip" is information sent during the checkout and is returned to the pp_confirm page. For example the checkout form for the address. I added a checkbox to that form where the buyer is asked "Is this a new address?" with a cb for "Yes".

I noticed that this isn't being saved in the [WASF_CheckoutWizard_NewFromBlank_Default] session array after returning from PP. And it's not in the WA_getSavedFormValue('CheckoutWizard_NewFromBlank_Default','new_address') either. (new_address is the name of the cb in the form).

I do find it held in the [WASF_WA_Payments] session though and I'm currently just using this. I just wondered if there was a way to include instructions or other random information like that checkbox that would be returned back with the PayPal response. I can just use a session variable if not.

Thanks
Troy

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The session variable is the way to accomplish this.

TroyD

Same question again only this time it's for PayPal Advanced. I can't find any transaction response bindings for the transaction ID. I know the pages are different so I wasn't expecting to find them in the same spot as the express setup, but I don't see them anywhere.

There are two pages created by eCart and/or checkout wizard. PP_ECO_PHP.php and PP_PayAdv_PHP.php. The first has a switch that references "TRANSACTIONID" and switches it to "PNREF", in the WA_PP_ECO_GetValue function.
But I don't find where the PP_ECO_PHP.php page is even included anywhere. Maybe it's not used in the Advanced checkout.

The PP_PayAdv_PHP.php has a results function but I don't find any reference to a transaction ID.
What am I missing? I'm sure it's right in front of me.

Thanks,
TroyD

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the PP_ECO_PHP.php file is used by Expressed Checkout OPut (ECO) only, not be advanced.

Im not entirely sure that advanced returns the transaction ID.

All of the return values will be in a session.

use:

<pre><?php var_dump($_SESSION); ?></pre>

to write the session contents, and you will be able to see if the transaction id is returned and what the session name is.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...