close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Yosemite and Data Assist

Thread began 11/10/2014 12:29 pm by mouse426912 | Last modified 11/26/2015 12:52 pm by Ray Borduin | 3664 views | 21 replies |

mouse426912

Yosemite and Data Assist

Hi
I am having trouble with DataAssist crashing in DW CS6 everytime I click on the OK button in the wizard. I just upgraded to Mac Yosemite. Is this a compatibility issue? Is an update being worked on?

Thanks
M

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, this is a compatibility issue with Mac Yosemite, we have just finished updates to address compatibility with DW CC 2014.1, so are now going to start working on updates for Yosemite.

mouse426912

Thank you

I know timelines are not easy with this kind of thing but.....any timeline?

Thanks very much for your timely reply.

M

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sorry, i don't have a Timeline except to say we are working on it.

mouse426912

Got it.

Many thanks

PatriceWebAssist

@mouse426912: Did you experience DA crashing before Yosemite? If you did, is it different now? Or is much like before the the DW memory leak? Some work arounds that have worked for me... If new for you, then I am wondering if the old standby work arounds would help. Please share more about what you are seeing with DA and Yosemite. Thanks much.

mouse426912

No major crashing before Yosemite

I would occasionally get a crash when working but restarting DW6 would correct. Now, every time I click 'OK' major crash. Auto recover works! Sorry for delay in response.

PatriceWebAssist

Thanks for sharing.

mouse426912

Hi Jason, Any word on the DataAssist fix for Yosemite?

Thank you.
Miki

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We are still trying to track down the cause of the issues with Data Assist in Yosemite, until we can pinpoint the cause of the crashing, we will not have a time from for how long it will take to fix. We are still working on this.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...