close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTML Editor Site Settings Connection - database doesnt display

Thread began 10/30/2014 10:15 pm by Christopher West | Last modified 4/06/2015 11:24 am by Ray Borduin | 2042 views | 4 replies |

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

HTML Editor Site Settings Connection - database doesnt display

Hi there, I have started a new website project that requires HTML Editor for its backend system. Come across a slight issue with it. To demonstrate please take a look at the attached screenshot...where the Connection drop down is..my database isnt displaying....I even clicked on Define button and selected my database but after clicking the Done button the Connection still displays "None" so not sure that the cause could be. What could possible causes be so that I can debug the issue.

Actually I discovered that if I define a NEW database connection inside the HTML Editor: Site settings interface and select "MySQL Connection" (rather than Dynamic MySQLi Connection) then I can successfully select my database and continue to use HTML Editor...so the problem im having is caused because when I first created my backend system I initially created my database connection using the option Dynamic MySQLi Connection" - so is this a bug of the extension? As I want to keep all my code the same so want to use MySQLi connection...Perhaps HTML Editor hasnt been updated to use MySQLi connections?

Chris

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

".Perhaps HTML Editor hasnt been updated to use MySQLi connections?"

Yes, that is the case.

At this point only eCart has been updated to support MySQLi, none of the other extensions have been updated.

We are working on upgrades to the other extensions to support MySQLi, obviously, that work has been put on hold for the time being with the issues around DW CC 2014.1 taking priority.

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Hi Jason, thank you, I assume its perfectly fine to create a secondary db connection (mysql) that I can then use with CKEDITOR since its really only used for security on KFM right.

In addition, as this is my first project using the new MySQLi extensions - Am I right in thinking to creae a login system that I dont need need to use Secuirty Assist -> Manage Site Access -> Access Rules Manager ....instead I woul duse MySQLi -> User Authentication -> MySQLIi Log In User and then if I want to restrict access depending on UserLevel I would need to hand code a CASE/SWITCH statement directly on each page. As I noticed that the server behaviour for MySQLi Restrict Access to Page doesnt have the option to chose from a list of Access Level?

Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The DataBase is not used for security, Security Assist is used for security in the File Manager.

The database connection is used so the file manager can store file information that it needs to work. and yes, you can create a secondary connection for that.

If you want user level access, you should continue using Security Assist, the MySQLi behavior does not have support for a user level access system

anonymous

sdfsd

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...