close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Possible to apply postage rules after discount rules have been applied?

Thread began 10/27/2014 7:55 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 10/28/2014 7:34 am by Jason Byrnes | 3961 views | 9 replies |

Nathon Jones Web Design

Possible to apply postage rules after discount rules have been applied?

We have free postage on orders over £60, and people have been ordering over £60 of products however they are then applying a discount code which drops the order below £60.

Is there a way to only apply the discount codes to the order itself and not the postage charge?

Hope that makes sense!
Thank you
NJ

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

How do you have the trigger for the shipping rule set up?

If you use the trigger:
Cart Subtotal < 60, this will trigger the shipping on the subtotal of the cart which is calculated before taxes, discounts and charges.

If you set the shipping trigger to use:
Taxable Total < 60

this uses the total after Discounts, Taxes and Charges are added.

Nathon Jones Web Design

<groan>...there are 18 different shipping rules and they use, amongst other things, "SubTotal of items < 60".
Is it just that bit that I need to change in each rule? Other conditions include weight, session variables (for type of shipping chosen) and total number of items in cart.

Thank you.
NJ

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I think I am missing what the problem is.

Can you give some more details on what the actual problem is please?

Nathon Jones Web Design

If you add 10 of these to the basket (£6.00 each):
http://www.ledwarehouseuk.com/LED-Lights-Bulbs.php?lbid=358

...and then apply the "STARTSAVE10" discount code, you will notice that the postage is still showing as free even though the total of the order is under £60.00.

Confused myself now!

EDIT: Should I just be changing "SubTotal of items < 60" to "GrandTotal of items < 60"?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

EDIT: Should I just be changing "SubTotal of items < 60" to "GrandTotal of items < 60"?  

Actually, it should be taxable Total for the cart.

the subtotal is the cart subtotal before the discounts. so when you apply the discount, this is not taken into account for the shipping trigger if using SubTotal < 60

sounds like you want the shipping to apply to Grand total of the cart after the discounts are calculated, so select Taxable total < 60

Nathon Jones Web Design

I have changed the rules to Taxable total however we, again, have some custom coding that was done in a Premiere Support session with Ray that relates to this. It basically shows the shipping cost in brackets next to a radio button to allow the user to select from 3 different types of shipping...

Here is an example of this...

<label for="ShippingType" class="sublabel">&nbsp;</label>
<input <?php if (!(strcmp($_SESSION['ShippingType'],"1"))) {echo "checked=\"checked\"";} ?> type="radio" name="ShippingType" value="1" id="ShippingType" tabindex="23" checked>&nbsp;&nbsp;Standard Delivery (3-5 Days -
<?php
if(($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalPrice") < "60") && ($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalWeight") < "1000")) {
echo("£3.50");
}
elseif(($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalPrice") < "60") && ($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalWeight") >= "1000") && ($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalWeight") < "2000")) {
echo("£3.50");
}
elseif(($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalPrice") < "60") && ($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalWeight") >= "2000")) {
echo("£3.50");
}
if(($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalPrice") >= "60") && ($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalWeight") < "1000")) {
echo("£0.00");
}
elseif(($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalPrice") >= "60") && ($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalWeight") >= "1000") && ($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalWeight") < "2000")) {
echo("£0.00");
}
elseif(($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalPrice") >= "60") && ($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalWeight") >= "2000")) {
echo("£0.00");
}
?>
)

So we are doing a calculation:
if(($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalPrice") < "60") && ($LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalWeight") < "1000")) {
echo("£3.50");

What do I need to change this to in order to reflect the change we've made to the shipping rules that now feature the Taxable Total?

Thank you.
NJ

PS. We still aren't receiving e-mail notification of your replies.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

change each instance of:
$LEDCart->TotalColumn("TotalPrice")

to:
$LEDCart->GetTaxableTotal()

Nathon Jones Web Design

Thank you Jason.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...