close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver 2014.1 problems

Thread began 10/06/2014 5:53 pm by acornist | Last modified 10/22/2014 12:54 pm by Lee Firth | 5304 views | 21 replies |

acornistBeta Tester

Dreamweaver 2014.1 problems

Macintosh, OSX 10.9.5 - Dreamweaver 2014.1

Reinstalled WA extensions - DataBridge, DesignExtender, eCart, MYSQLI (all latest versions) - but now can't activate. This error pops up when trying to activate DataBridge:

While executing timer, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
At line 22 of file "Disk of Rigidity:Applications:Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2014.1:Configuration:Commands:WADataBridge_Ser.htm":
WADA_Bundle.isValidSerial is not a function

Running a DesignExtender function doesn't get to the activation screen. It gives this error:

Error in doSerialCheck:
TypeError: WAPCMS_Bundle.checkSerial is not a function

eCart functions:

Error in serialCheck:
TypeError: WAEC_Bundle.checkSerial is not a function

Did all the normal stuff, restarted Dreamweaver after deleting MacCache file, but no help.

Any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Looks like this is a bug in the New Dreamweaver Upgrade for 2014.1 that is effecting our serialization. We have reported the Issue to adobe and have started working on work around to get this issue sorted as quickly as possible. I Will update this thread when i have more information.

Ian Sheldon

Hi Jason,

Is there a workaround for those that updated prior to seeing your message on the WA website / Twitter?

Cheers
Ian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, there is not a work around, we are as quickly as we can to update the extensions to work around this bug. I Will update this thread when i have more information.

Ian Sheldon

No worries Jason, thanks. I'm currently in discussion with Adobe to find out how I can roll back.

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers
Ian

dkriver321804

Getting the same type of errors. "Error in serialCheck: TypeError: WADA_Bundle.checkSerial is not a function" Please keep me updated. Need to be able to work on this site soon.

acornistBeta Tester

Jason - I love your protects and especially love your support. I dutifully buy new products and updates and always recommend you to others. But it gets to be a real hassle when everything grinds to a halt whenever Adobe updates Dreamweaver. The availability of a work-around would be great for those that rely on your products, need to keep on schedule, and are forced/want to use the latest Dreamweaver release.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I Understand your frustration, but this is a bug caused by Adobe, there is not a work around until we can release updates.

In the 2014.1 update, the libraries for C+ extensibility are no longer working. These are libraries that we have used Since Dreamweaver MX when it was still Macromedia.

We have tried contacting Adobe about the problem but have not gotten a response.

We are trying to find a way to work around it and will have dot releases available as soon as possible.

info4753

I don't understand why Webassist hasn't send out a newsletter to inform us in time.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We announced this in our announcements forum:
http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=35633

on twitter:
https://twitter.com/WebAssist

and on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WebAssist

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...