close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

installation dreamweaver cc 2014.1 build 6947

Thread began 10/06/2014 9:16 am by stevomilo | Last modified 10/30/2014 11:22 am by Jason Byrnes | 6522 views | 22 replies |

stevomilo

installation dreamweaver cc 2014.1 build 6947

Hi,

I just update to Dreamweaver 2014.1, and I cannot get Data Bridge to open or install. If I try to use the plug in, I get a flash of what used to be the configuration screen, then nothing. If I try to reinstall I get "This Extension cannot be installed. It requires Dreamweaver version 9 or greater" I get the same error trying to install MYSQLI, but the installed version appears to be working. I deleted the .dat file as well with no different result.

thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Make sure you have the latest updates to the adobe Extension manager installed.

When you install an extension, open the extension manager, and click the install button, then browse to the ZXP File you downloaded. the error you are reporting will happen if you double click the zxp file to start the isntallation, rather than installing it manully through the extension manager.

also, make sure that you have the deprecated server behaviors extension installed and it is working before installing the WebAssist extensions:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Server-behaviors-for-Dreamweaver-Creative-Cloud

after the deprecated server behaviors are installed and working, install the web assist extensions in the extension manager, when you open DW,, it should launch the WA Installer, if it does not launch automatically, open a PHP page to trigger it.

After the WA Installer completes, make sure to restart DW.

stevomilo

Didn't work. Made sure I have the latest extension manager 7.2.1.6. Everything else is working fine. Tried to install throughout the extension manager as well. Same error.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Did you uninstall all extensions, then install them again?

uninstall all extensions, then install the Deprecated server behaviors extension and make sure that one is working.

Once the deprecated server behaviors are working, install the other extensions in the extension manager.

Then open DW to launch the WA Installer. after the WA installer completes, make sure to restart DW.

stevomilo

OK, the extensions do not show in my extensions manager. I deleted my whole config file. Tried everything you said, with the same error.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That would mean there is a problem in the extensions manager itself.

use the adobe cleaner to uninstall dreamweaver and the extension manager, then reinstall them:
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

stevomilo

OK, completely removed everything. I get the extensions manager to install both data bridge and mysqli. It installed and rebooted dreamweaver. Now I get "error in serialCheck TypeError: WADA_Bundle.checkSerial is not a function."

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

reset the workspace layout:
go to Window -> Work Space layout -> Reset '<your layout name>'

and Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Common-installation-issues

stevomilo

Same issue

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What extensions including the version numbers are installed?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...