close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Database issues on a few files

Thread began 9/11/2014 2:52 pm by Daniel | Last modified 4/26/2016 11:41 am by Ray Borduin | 6778 views | 73 replies |

Daniel

Database issues on a few files

I'm in the process of setting up a basic store, but I'm getting errors on a few of the pages that are all relatively the same. I havent't done any changes to anything. I've just tried previewing the page in the browser to see what it looks like. following the step by step guide, it suggests you do so to get a look at what it's looking like so far after it is created.

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, object given in D:\xampp\htdocs\summitlt\includes\_detail.php on line 40
Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, object given in D:\xampp\htdocs\summitlt\includes\_detail.php on line 42

I'm getting this same general thing on a few pages. I tried inserting a product and got this as well for the insert.php page (or whatever it is called).

Thank You

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

Daniel

Right now it's set up locally. I was having issues getting the data assist to connect to the server.

Daniel

I've put it online. Of course now it's showing up as a blank page whereas doing it locally would show the error.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

See PM

Daniel

PM

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what specific page should i be looking at, you give a very general site address, i don't see a problem on the first few links i clicked, please be more specific.

Daniel

It's doing it on all of the pages that try talking to the databas that was made by the Web Assist products.

http://fryedevelopment.com/includes/_insert.php
http://fryedevelopment.com//includes/products_results.php

For instance when trying to insert a new product on insert.php it's referring to these line codes.
mysql_select_db($WA_connectionDB, $WA_connection);
$MM_editCmd = mysql_query($WA_Sql, $WA_connection) or die(mysql_error());

product results: Undefined variable: totalRows_WADAproducts with code
$queryString_WADAproducts = sprintf("&totalRows_WADAproducts=%d%s", $totalRows_WADAproducts, $queryString_WADAproducts);

and also mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, object given with two lines of code
mysql_select_db($database_Summit, $Summit);
and
$WADAproducts = mysql_query($query_limit_WADAproducts, $Summit) or die(mysql_error());
also with the products_results.php page.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Your using a MySQLi connection.

Data Assist is not compatible with MySQLi yet. we are working on upgrading Data Bridge to use MYSQLi, but at this time it will will only work with a standard MySQL connection

Daniel

Is there an easy fix to this? Or should I start over with it since I haven't done that much.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...