close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Replace KFM with CKFinder

Thread began 9/10/2014 4:54 am by bill3786 | Last modified 8/16/2017 1:20 pm by Ray Borduin | 2027 views | 10 replies |

bill3786

Replace KFM with CKFinder

Do you have an update on when you will replace KFM with CKFinder in Design Extender

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Next upgrade of design Extender should use CKFinder, it should also contain an upgrade to use MySQLi for database communications. I Do not have a time frame for when that will be released though.

bill3786

Ok, thanks. Will old sites that use KFM be upgradeable to CKFinder?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I dont see why they wouldn't be, but cant say for certain, as it has not been implemented yet.

bill3786

Do you have an update when you plan to replace KFM with CKFinder in Design Extender

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have a prototype working with it, but we are trying to do all of the mySQLi updates before the next major release, so it won't be able to happen for a few months at least.

I could help you make the transition in a premier support ticket in the meantime.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

bill3786

Ok thanks, but I can live with kfm until you replace it, if it's only a matter of a few months.

bill3786

Do you have an update on my previous post no. 6 when you plan to replace KFM with CKFinder in Design Extender?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have a working copy of it replaced, we just have to go back and do an update of the extension. If you need it before then feel free to sign up for a premier support ticket and I'll help you implement it into your existing sites now while you wait for the extension to be updated.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

bill3786

I am quoting for a new site which is not built yet. Its just that KFM is problematical with some browsers on an existing site I built so am I correct in assuming that CKFinder would work with all browsers.
I can see from the forum that you are very busy but an indication on the timing of the update of the extension would be helpful.
Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...