close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

unidentified error mysql

Thread began 8/11/2014 2:23 pm by Webbie | Last modified 8/13/2014 3:19 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2697 views | 17 replies |

Webbie

unidentified error mysql

I was getting an "unidentified error" when trying to connect the Mysql connection in Dreamweaver to my remote hosting providers database in php admin.

I had the server setting showing just the remote server credentials which is working fine and set to remote and testing in the check box area, and was getting this error.

I then read some of the community problems which brought me to a tutorial on setting this up so i assumed i had it set up wrong, i canceled the testing server check box and started a new local server in servers, so i have two server options in my server set up.

I followed the instructions except now i am getting an error that states as shown in the picture i will attach.
also a picture of how i set up the testing server
Please advise
Thank you

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That error means you have the web URL setting for the testing server connection set wrong.

Webbie

Ok let me bring you up to speed, I am assuming you remember me and my site?

I had to change services with my hosting provider to make more room for future sites and had to create a whole new account and user name. I transfered the site with no problem now im trying to transfer the database connection. The database has been transfered successfully to the new account already and is waiting for connection.

do i need to have two servers set up in order to work around the "unidentified error" in MySQL connection? Am i doing this right?

If so, should i be connecting to the localhost?
Set me straight here, if im connecting MySQL connection to the localhost how is it suppose to get to the remote server??

If its magic than i can live with that, but im confused should i be putting my information from the localhost xamp server into the MYSQL connection form?
Or just stick with using the remote servers user name and database info into the MySQL connection form?

Is there something i should be changing within the site i already have for damage control to pull this off because of the connection that i was using will no longer be in play from here on out?

I have been approaching this by trying to reformat the database connection i already had (firsteweb), is that my problem?

Finally my man, should i go with option c, which is to create a fresh MySQL connection to the same database and just erase the first connection and everything will work in perfect harmony or will that cause more problems?

(ONLY if the answer is to reformat the connection i already have (firsteweb) with the remote server information into MySQL, i will attach the error i am getting at this point and you can advise from there)

Please help, sorry for all the pilled up questions, really want to learn this and trying to get this down on the first few posts..

Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you dont _need_ to have 2 servers, no, the unidentified error means that there is a problem with the settings for the testing server, ussually the Web URL or the Host Root setting. you can use the remote server as both remote and testing server if you like, or you can use a local testing server, that is decision that is up to you.

either way, the settings need to be set correctly for connecting to the server you use for testing.

when the testing server settings are right, you should be able to edit the existing connection and change the Host, Username, Password, and database name for the connection.

the access denied error in your screen shot is as strait forward an error as they come.

it means the MySQL host is not accepting the username and password you entered.

Webbie

The username and password is the one from the remote server data in php myadmin, correct?

Thats what i used last time and it was working, what could be causing it other than its the wrong password?

Just making sure the password im looking to type in is the one from my remote host to get into there phpmyadmin?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It should be the one you use to log into phpMyAdmin, if you continue to get the access denied error, you should contact your host, they will be able to give you more information than I on the subject of the user name and password to use.

Webbie

Sure no problem thanks,

What about the connection, should i redirect the same connection to my new database location or do i have to make a new connection for this situation?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when the testing server settings are right, you should be able to edit the existing connection and change the Host, Username, Password, and database name for the connection.

Webbie

Great thanks! got it to work,

Could you take a look at my site and hopefully you can help me with why my pages: http://ewebsolutionsinc.com/portfolio.php http://ewebsolutionsinc.com/how_it_works.php http://ewebsolutionsinc.com/website_packages.php http://ewebsolutionsinc.com/additional_services.php and
http://ewebsolutionsinc.com/refund_policy.php dont show up on my site? Very wierd to me, maybe you have seen this before??

Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

a blank page means that a php error is occurring but error reporting is turned off.

to turn error reporting on, add the following code at line 1:

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

once we know what the error is, we will be able to troubleshoot the cause.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...