close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Login, Success, and Loginfail pages not working together

Thread began 8/01/2014 8:55 am by gail.bergan407744 | Last modified 8/05/2014 11:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 5111 views | 29 replies |

gail.bergan407744

Login, Success, and Loginfail pages not working together

Hello again,

I'm having trouble with a collection of my pages that are supposed to be interrelated. My login page is giving an authentication error on lines 24 and 68 (there shouldn't be restricted access on this page). My success.php page DOES have authentication on it, but it doesn't seem to ask for a login when you go to that page. The loginfail page has a log in link at the bottom, which should take them back to login.php. It does go there, but I run into the same authentication error. Please see the attached 3 files. Thanks, Gail

Attached Files
login.php
loginfail.php
success.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

gail.bergan407744

See private message

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ummm, see pm

gail.bergan407744

see pm

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

On the login page, the trigger for the login behavior is set to before page load, use any form post instead.

you say:
"My login page is giving an authentication error on lines 24 and 68"

this does not make sense, line 24 of login.php is:
<title>Member Login</title>

and 68, is:

-->

i see no authentication error on login.php?

on the success page, the trigger for the restrict access is set to any form post, it should use before page load.

gail.bergan407744

Another glitch on a page we previously worked on: update_self.php. What used to happen after a member logged in, was that they would click on an Update My Profile link and it would take them to update_self.php. The form used to be prefilled with their data from our database. Now it just loads a blank form. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that logging in is not recognizing actual email addresses?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

link and test login please.

gail.bergan407744

Nope. If I put in an incorrect password, it still takes me to the success page.

Oddly enough, on the admin_login page, if I put in an incorrect passward, it works correctly - takes me to the Admin Login Failed page. So something is different about these two login pages.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you have not put any comparisons into the login behavior.

on the find record tab, you need to set it to compare the email address column against the email address form element and the password column against the password form element

where that is left blank, there is no comparison to make, thus a record is found and you are logged in. . .

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...