close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart not creating receipt email.

Thread began 7/24/2014 11:55 pm by jimsg4 | Last modified 7/25/2014 11:34 am by Jason Byrnes | 1718 views | 6 replies |

jimsg4

eCart not creating receipt email.

Hi, I just purchased the Super suite, and for the past 4 days I have been trying to get eCart to send an email receipt. I am not using a payment gateway, I am just trying to send an email receipt when a product is ordered. For reference, I setup a contact form and the email including CC and Bcc worked fine. I setup the eCart email config settings with same info as the contact form, but cannot get it to even insert a record in the email_log table let alone send an email.

The contact form inserts a record into the email_log table, but when I check out, I get nothing. No log, no email, nothing. It's as if it's not being triggered when I click the submit button on the confirm page. The order shows as successful, but again no email activity at all.

I checked to make sure the UE Server Behavior on the confirm page is set to Button: Payment_submit pressed, but it makes no difference.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both DB and eCart several times as well as deleting the DW cache. I get a lot of DW crashes when using WA in both CS4 and CS6. I can be right in the middle of setting up Data Assist or eCart pages and DW will just crash in both versions.

I'm about at my wits end. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac OS X Lion, DW CS4 and CS6

Sign in to reply to this post

jimsg4

UPDATE!

I changed the trigger in the UE Server Behavior to "any form post" and the email gets sent when clicking the Continue button on the checkout.php page, but it sends the email again when clicking the Complete Order button. I can also get the email to send by changing the trigger in the UE Server Behavior to "eCart: my eCart Object is empty" then hit the back button after completing the order. BUT, it still will not work with the trigger set to "Button: Payment_submit pressed", which is what I need.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

jimsg4

Info

Hi Jason,
See PM.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the confirm page, the store order details behavior had the redirect to the success page sent, this redirect was happening before the email could be sent. i moved the redirect from the store details behavior to the email behavior to fix the problem.

jimsg4

Thank You!

Thank you Jason. I saw that, but it was there when the page was created Over and over again, so I didn't pay it much mind. I appreciate the quick response. I would go comb my hair if I had any left. ;-) Again, Thank You!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...