close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I can not make a database connection - internal server error 500. i tried everything i can think of and still will not connect properly. I tied localhos, the IP - nothing works

Thread began 7/21/2014 3:05 pm by stuff223820 | Last modified 7/23/2014 11:46 am by Jason Byrnes | 3034 views | 18 replies |

stuff223820

I can not make a database connection - internal server error 500. i tried everything i can think of and still will not connect properly. I tied localhos, the IP - nothing works

i have the php page set up - MySql database set with proper credentials - proper test/remote setting (i think) and everything in place. go to define cms content area, it asks for database connection and i keep getting the 500 error at the connection stage.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The 500 error points to a problem with the settings for the testing server in the site definition.

Double check the site settings, and make sure you have the testing server section properly configured.

stuff223820

as far as i can see, i have all the settings correct. I am able to upload files via dreamweaver ftp just fine - it just keeps giiving me errors in the Webassist "Dynamic MySQL Connection" panel.

This is the message i got from the hosting company - Incoming remote MySQL connection is disabled on our Shared, Reseller and Business servers due to security reasons. There is an alternative way to connect – you can easily setup the SSH tunnel between your computer and our server using SSH-client (for example, PuTTY).

Does this make any sense? I am lost and need to get this solved for the client asap

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you'll get the same error using the Dreamweaver Connection

open the files panel and switch to Testing server view.

do you see the Site files are do you see a listing of subdirectories and to access the site files you need to open one of them?

if that is the case, make sure to add that subfolder to the Host Directory setting.

Alsop double check the web URL, make sure it is a proper URL To access your site, it should be the Web Address you type in to the browsers address bar.

stuff223820

I am pretty sure i have all the settings correct - still can not connect to the database. I see the plug in trying to upload files but do not see any new files on the server.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

are you still getting the same error? if so, the settings are still not right.

if you are getting a different error, i need to know what the error says.

in many cases, the iP should not be used for the MySQL server name. if you are unsure of what to use for the server name in the connection, contact the host.

stuff223820

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  are you still getting the same error? if so, the settings are still not right.

if you are getting a different error, i need to know what the error says.

in many cases, the iP should not be used for the MySQL server name. if you are unsure of what to use for the server name in the connection, contact the host.  

i was told to use the IP from the host company. I also tried the domain name and the web address

stuff223820

still trying different combinations

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

stuff223820

info sent

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...