close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Javascript error when trying to create recordset

Thread began 8/24/2009 9:55 am by glozinski107205 | Last modified 9/04/2009 4:10 pm by Eric Mittman | 4578 views | 9 replies |

glozinski107205

Javascript error when trying to create recordset

Trying to create a recordset in the Product Results page so that I may add a "Internet Price" from the data base and get "While executing applyServerBehaviour in Recordset.htm, A JavaScript error occurred."

Created a recordset in the products detail page as I would like to add to results section the following:
Item #
Sugg Retail Price
Internet Price

and to the details section add the following
Color
Dimensions
Weight
Sugg Retail Price would this be the product price?
Internet Price would this be the bottom price?
These I can simply drag and drop, Yes? or do I need to do more? don't want to mess up page
tx

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The error you are getting may be due to some sort of corruption or issue in Dreamweaver. Have you tried removing the cache file to see if you get past this error? Here is a link to a thread that discusses removing this cache file. Please give this a try and restart your machine before attempting to create another recordset.

showthread.php?t=1589

When it comes to the values you would like on the details page I'm not sure what values you would like to use for the price, since it is all on a web page I would assume that you would use the internet price but you can get either one of them on the page by dragging the column that holds that value from the recordset in the bindings panel.

glozinski107205

MySQL ERROR 1064

MySQL Error#: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

Yes, I keep removing the wincache but I still get this error when I try to access WADAProducts recordset which would allow me to drag and drop but I am only trying to get this error rectified for the past month...like to get it resolved, please & thank you.

Eric Mittman

You will get a MySQL query syntax error number 1064 when you incorrectly use a reserved word in your query such as "when" or "order". Please check the sql for the recordset and update it accordingly.

glozinski107205

Error 1064

This is your recordset as I have not modified it
WADAProducts
SELECT *, (ProductStock - (SELECT Coalesce(Sum(DetailQuantity),0)
FROM orderdetails INNER JOIN orders ON OrderID = DetailOrderID
WHERE DetailProductID = ProductID AND OrderDate > ProductUpdateDate)) AS NumLeft, (SELECT MAX(ProductPrice) FROM products as prod2 INNER JOIN productoptions ON productoptions.ProductID = prod2.ProductID WHERE productoptions.GroupingID = products.ProductID AND prod2.ProductLive <> 0) AS TopPrice, (SELECT MIN(ProductPrice) FROM products as prod2 INNER JOIN productoptions ON productoptions.ProductID = prod2.ProductID WHERE productoptions.GroupingID = products.ProductID) AS BottomPrice FROM products LEFT OUTER JOIN productcategories ON ProductCategoryID = CategoryID WHERE COALESCE((SELECT GroupingID FROM productoptions WHERE productoptions.ProductID = products.ProductID LIMIT 1), ProductID) = ProductID
Take a look see and let me know ASAP!
Tx

Eric Mittman

Thanks for that, it clears up a bit of confusion on my end. This recordset is too complex for Dreamweaver to translate properly. If you would like to make changes to the recordset you would need to manually edit the sql that you posted here. If you just want to include a new column that is not specified you should be able to just add it in without issue so long as that column exists in the table.

glozinski107205

Javascript error

Okay, but that still does not help me as I cannot nor do I know how to enter new columns! It still does not explain as to why my images are not uploadable and viewable....can we try a one on one to fix this error as at this point I cannot proceed any further....
tx

Eric Mittman

I think I have a ticket with you on this issue, I will be responding the the ticket to get some more details to help you get past this and the other issues you are having.

glozinski107205

Javascript error when trying to create recordse

Thank you for the reply, however, due to previous obligations I am available on Tuesday the 8th. Trusting that we can continue this then. Much appreciated. Sincerely, Gloria

Eric Mittman

I have responded to your ticket on this, I will be looking into this on the 8th first thing to help get you past this issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...