close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart tutorial question

Thread began 6/26/2014 1:25 pm by Webbie | Last modified 8/01/2014 9:17 am by Webbie | 6019 views | 67 replies |

Webbie

ecart tutorial question

I am browsing through the ecart tutorial II and am noticing the tutorial wants me to replace the add to cart button on my details page.

The question i have is all my add to cart buttons are on my product results page and i don't have any on my details page from doing the data assist create pages for my product catalog..

Should i do my results page instead of my details page? If so, do i delete all the add to cart buttons and replace them with the ecart add to cart button or will it automatically replace them all if i modify one of them?

And finally should i put an add to cart button on my details page as well so that a customer can purchase there... what button would i replace for that?

Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The results page uses a repeat region, so there is only one add to cart button there.

replace that with the eCart add to cart from recordset behavior.

And, yes, you can also add the eCart add to cart button to the details page.

Webbie

Thanks and i hate to bombard you but i need to learn this..

I used the ecart wizard to create my add to cart button but am having problems.

I could not find the brassy add to cart button, do you know where i can find that?

Also i added ecarts default button but did not realize it would change all the buttons including the details button so now there is no clear path to the detail page, could you guide in how to get the detail button link to be clearly marked or how i can fix the button?

Will attach a picture of what im talking about.

Webbie

Oh and since im selling a service that requires packages and wont have a price until later in the purchasing when they pick a package, can i delete the: <div class="WADAResultPrice"><?php echo($row_WADAProducts_2['ProductPrice']); ?></div>

on the results page so there is no price there or will that mess things up in the shopping cart in the long run?

Webbie

Bigger fish to fry

Ok,
Now i am having some more difficulties of coarse because i am a complete Newbie with databases and such.

I am on the add dynamic product options tutorial and am having problems getting my insert productname select list to populate the packages in the insert list on my add to cart options.

I know this may require some info on my end so let me start with my steps:

I studied the database in php my admin which i feel i have it pretty licked as far as comparing it with the tutorial, only i am using packages instead of colors for my needs. (Will attach a picture)

I studied each step religiously in the tutorial but i still cant find why my insert list is not populating, since your probably an expert with php and databases, was hoping you could use my FTP info and see what may be causing this not to fully work?

Hope to hear from ya, Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

Webbie

http://ewebsolutionsinc.com/buy_package.php

Thanks man

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You have this select list on a results page, the recordset for the select list is expecting a URL variables for Product ID which does not exist.

since you are putting the option select list on a results page, you need to use a nested recordset to return the otions for the curent product.

see this tutorial for details on nested recordsets:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Display-nested-recordsets

Webbie

The data bridge nested record set diplay.zip file came back with the error "The file you selected is not a valid Data Bridge Application preset." Do you have an updated one?

Also before i tackle this tutorial do you think my add to cart and dynamic categories will work if i am doing the tutorial along with the details page as far as you can tell?

Should i just scrap the cart and dynamic checkout options on the product results page for now and redo it with the nested record set that the tutorial will teach?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure not to extract the zip file before using it.

when importing the preset, you need to select the zip file itself, not the folder that is inside the zip file.

if you extract the zip, you will get that error.

If you where to add the select list to the details page instead of using the results page, the list should work without the need for the nested recordset.

the nested recordset is needed on the results page because the idea of the results page is to display multiple records

"Where can i find what the variable for the recordset is set to"

in the recordset dialog box, it will show the variable being used for the recordset.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...