close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can two domains access the same sql database?

Thread began 6/24/2014 7:56 am by mora398588 | Last modified 7/07/2014 10:45 am by mora398588 | 2348 views | 7 replies |

mora398588

Can two domains access the same sql database?

I am having to create two separate websites hosted by Yahoo Small Business at the moment. I have contacted them to see if it would be possible for both sites to access data from my current sql databases without having to recreate or clone my current databases for the other site. They stated that they could not offer support for what I was requesting.

However, based on your experience, do you know of another method to achieve what I am looking for?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It may be possible for 2 domains to access the same database, it depends on the host setup.

CraigRBeta Tester

If your hosting account supports 'add-on' domains, this should be possible.

mora398588

Well, I learned that my web-hosting service provider does not support/provide shared hosting or "add-on" domains. It seems they have managed sites (each site managed distinctly). I may need to reconsider other host providers. Thank you for your replies and support.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Petula

Cant you do a connection string setup? The company I work for has 2 sites that are connected to 1 DB. just by making the same connection information in there db connection file and they did it without the add-on feature.

But I 100% suggest that you find a host with all those features because you will need them so when the company grows. Liquid web is the best since they have 24/7 phone, chat and email support plus they have there own data centers! They host many popular companies.

Take care and good luck!

PatriceWebAssist

I have two domains sharing the same database. I just use the same db connection on both sites.

mora398588

Thank you to all those who have kindly responded to my post. I have since signed up with another web hosting service provider which provides me access to my sql-databases from both sites.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...