close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Feature Request for this Extension

Thread began 6/15/2014 6:25 am by codamedia | Last modified 6/16/2014 8:51 am by codamedia | 912 views | 2 replies |

codamedia

Feature Request for this Extension

I think it would be great if this extension had the option to choose between MySQLi and PDO. Just saying ... :)

I've always preferred PDO over both MySQL and MySQLi, but don't use it often because of it's lack of support in Dreamweaver. What I like about PDO is the option to change database servers (MySQL, Postgre, Oracle, etc..) without changing any code. It's not tied to MySQL.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I dont foresee the addition of PDO in the MySQLi extension.

The problem for us would be the need to test on all of the deferent database platforms that PDO supports. That would be pretty cost prohibitive.

However, any feature requests you have, including this one, should be posted to the product suggestion page:
http://www.webassist.com/community/feedback/dashboard.php

codamedia

Point taken, I will make sure suggestions are done in the correct location.

As for PDO, it's an abstraction layer. You don't write for each database server - you write for PDO. When a database server changes - the user just has to update the PHP/PDO libraries. That said - I knew it would be a long shot of a request ... but I had to ask :)

Have a good day.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...