close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Results page reflecting selections made Search Page

Thread began 6/09/2014 4:51 pm by mora398588 | Last modified 6/12/2014 7:38 am by Jason Byrnes | 1703 views | 10 replies |

mora398588

Results page reflecting selections made Search Page

The attached files were created using DA. However, the results page does not appear to return the selection(s) made using the search page. The search page contains dynamic lists/menus from which are pulling data from recordsets contained in the search file.

I should note that the search criteria I am specifically having issues with are the MCP, Course Type and Course Name (lists/menus). I should further note that the results page contains the data I am attempting to search for.

Am I missing something here? Thank you.

Attached Files
courses_Results.zip
courses_Search.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

mora398588

Please see private message...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see PM

mora398588

Please see PM

mora398588

Thank you kindly, Jason for reviewing those pages for me. Please see my other PM.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the courses pages, there is no Data Assist Search behavior.

Recreate those pages using the Data Assist create pages wizard to create both the search and results pages for the courses table.

mora398588

Again, thank you for your time Jason.

Just so I am clear, the absence of a DA search behavior is the main reason why the results page is not returning the searched results?

For the future, should I just include a search from on the results page? As you may know, DA presents the option to the user to include a search form on the results page when using the DA Wizard. If I were not to select this option, then the separate search page created by DA will not work?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, the absence of the Data Assist search behavior is why the search does not work.

In the Data Assist wizard you can do both, include the search form on the results page and include a separate search page

mora398588

As always, I truly appreciate your assistance. I went ahead and recreated the results and search page and they are working great.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...