close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Universal Email behaviour - not updating when changes are made via the behaviour?

Thread began 6/04/2014 7:46 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 6/05/2014 8:48 am by Jason Byrnes | 1312 views | 3 replies |

Nathon Jones Web Design

Universal Email behaviour - not updating when changes are made via the behaviour?

Arrgh. This was working, we haven't done ANYTHING to it (because we're scared out of our wits of further bugs and glitches), and sure enough it's no longer working! :o(

In the Universal Email behaviour on our confirm.php page, we have an e-mail address in the Bcc field. We remove that, and save the page, but when we open it again the e-mail address is back in the Bcc field.

The e-mails are no longer sending either, upon successful payment. What is all this about?

I've attached confirm.php. Hope you can help.

Thank you.
NJ

waue_confirm_1.php just doesn't update when you make changes via the server behaviour panel, so how can we be sure that ANY changes we've made in there have ever worked?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure that the webassist/email/waue_confirm_1.php page is not set to be read only, if that file has become read only, it will not allow for changes to be written to it.

I see a problem in the to address at line 510:

$RecipArray[$CurIndex ][] = "".(WA_getSavedFormValue("","First_Name"))  ."|WA|".(WA_getSavedFormValue("","Email_Address"))  ."";

that code should be:

$RecipArray[$CurIndex ][] = "".(WA_getSavedFormValue("CheckoutWizard_Sharp_Default","First_Name"))  ."|WA|".(WA_getSavedFormValue("CheckoutWizard_Sharp_Default","Email_Address"))  ."";

I have tried to reproduce that code error by making an edit to the server behavior, but cannot.

Nathon Jones Web Design

waue_confirm_1.php is not read only. The server behaviour simply isn't removing the Bcc address from the waue_confirm_1.php file. So how do we do that manually if the extension isn't working correctly, as it appears that is our only option? Here's the line in the waue_confirm_1.php file:

//BCC Entries
$WA_MailObject = WAUE_AddBCC($WA_MailObject,"sales@ledwarehouseuk.com");

Regarding the address at line 510 - you'd previously helped us with that, if you recall, because I'd reported that it was arriving with a blank From value. I'm not sure why that's no longer working but the new changes you've recommended above have resolved the issue and I've learnt that it's best not to ask why.

Thank you.
NJ

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

simple remove this line completely to remove the bcc address:
$WA_MailObject = WAUE_AddBCC($WA_MailObject,"sales@ledwarehouseuk.com");

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...