close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

edit universal email applied to form

Thread began 5/29/2014 3:12 pm by z.marko348039 | Last modified 5/30/2014 12:46 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2421 views | 8 replies |

z.marko348039

edit universal email applied to form

I need to update a form for a client. Universal Email was applied to the current form.

Computer info: PC, Windows home premium 64-bit, Windows 7
Dreamweaver: version CS5
WebAssist: CSS Form Builder, Universal Email

The form is a simple conference registration form. It currently allows one person to submit their name, title and email and conference choices. The client wants multiple people to use the form to make it easier on the person collecting the registration information.

I started by duplicating the web page under a different name. Next, I added the extra fields to allow for a total of six registrants. That was the only change to the form.

Next, to update the universal email, I clicked on the revised form, opened Universal Email in the Server Behavior panel, edited the email form, clicked Save, and again clicked Save on the web page. Then I uploaded everything to the server. I never know what needs to be uploaded, so I upload everything in the webassist folder and the WA_Universal_Email folder.

Then I did a test. It did send the form in an email and correctly went to the confirmation page.

Here's the problem, it doesn't show the six registrants (name, title & email for each registrant). Everything else seems ok.

Is there a better way to edit the universal email, or should I delete the universal email and start over fresh? Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the forms action is probably set to post to the original page name.

since you saved a copy of an existing page, you will need to edit the form action on the page so that it posts to the new page name.

z.marko348039

Can you tell me how to set the forms action so it posts to the new page name? I did a general internet search, but didn't find anything how to do this. The original web page has action="", the duplicate web page, of course has the same action=""

z.marko348039

I went back to my two form pages. Upon thinking, I would like to remove the universal email on the duplicated page and start fresh. That way the original page which uses a file (WAUE_registration_new_1) can be left in place - just in case I have to revert back to this page.

I'm assuming if I remove UE on the duplicated page and start from scratch, it will create a new file (something like WAUE_anotherPageName_new_2). So I was wondering how to correctly remove UE from the duplicate page. Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

select the form tag, in the property inspector, you can set the action.

to delete the UE server behavior from a page, open the server behaviors panel, select the UE server behavior and click the minus button.

z.marko348039

Thank you. I deleted the UE and started over. The revised form is working fine.

Interestingly, the UE on the original form was blank when I deleted the UE on the revised page. The UE was there in Server Behaviors, but all the fields were blank and everything was gone. No problem, if I need to revert, I'll just recreate the UE again.

But, I wanted to know why this happened -- and how to apply different UE function if I were to have forms on several different web pages within the same website. Is it a matter of setting the forms action to the respective web page name? I know you said to set the form action which can be done in the property panel. I just don't know what exact code to put in the forms action field. Do you know what I need to put in the forms action, or can you direct me to a resource to learn what to do?

Thanks for all your help!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Where you made a copy of the page, the UE Instances for both page where the same, deleting one deleted the other.

if you apply UE to the pages individually, this should not happen.

The forms action should be the page name

z.marko348039

Thank you. Your help has been greatly appreciated!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...