close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ecart final process and email issues

Thread began 5/25/2014 11:29 am by rgolab68503 | Last modified 6/10/2014 8:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 3546 views | 26 replies |

rgolab68503

Ecart final process and email issues

Hi Jason,

I'm having a few issues with the checkout procedure and email.

1. First for during my the building of the site I made a few mistakes and either placed the cart in the wrong place or wanted to change some columns etc. So i either moved the pages or deleted them. Now occasionally I am getting an error (see attached missing-checkoutphp.jpg). Basicallyit is looking for checkout.php in the root of the site and then again in /product/products/ which doesn't exist. Where do i stop ecart from looking for these files and making sure they are pointing to the rigth checkout.php? I should mention that for the most part the cart appears to be working. The orders are being posted to the database with the exception of the timestamp.

2. Email - notifications - I have double checked with the web site owner's service provider and have confirmed the port number is 25 and the STMP is correct. but I am not getting any email notifications. I then set up the log to database function and find that it is not posting there either. I am also not getting an email notification tot he customer.

http://dev.dawsontele.com/products/phones_results.php

3. How is the cart supposed to end? I am not sure if this is part of the previous issue but it basically ends up on the checkout success.php page and that is it. In a previous cart I built I thought it went through to a final page where you place the "your order has been sent - you will be contacted shortly".

If you could help me get past these few points it would really help. Thanks.

Attached Files
cart.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

rgolab68503

OK, skype info listed below

rgolab68503

Could you confirm the day you would be calling?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have a previous appointment tomorrow until 10:30, would you be available later on in the day?

rgolab68503

Hi Jason,
Tomorrow is not the greatest day. I am out of the office for the rest of the day from 10:30 PST onward (1:30 EST ?) If you feel we could do it within that timeframe then I can bring my laptop in and we take care of it at that time.

rgolab68503

Hi Jason, do you think we could schedule a time to look at this sometime this week? Thursday is my only sketchy day but every other day I can move things around. Morning is still pretty good. Let me know what works best.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Will you be around Wednesday? around 2pm EST would work best for me?

rgolab68503

Yes 2pm EST or 11:00 PST works for me. I have you pencilled in. Talk to you then.

rgolab68503

Time Change?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...