close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Issues DataAssist when creating pages

Thread began 5/23/2014 7:27 am by Jon Cunningham | Last modified 5/23/2014 8:49 am by Jason Byrnes | 1404 views | 5 replies |

Jon CunninghamBeta Tester

Issues DataAssist when creating pages

Hi Guys.

I am running Dreamweaver CC and the latest release of Data Bridge.

When running DA Create Pages wizard I am getting issues.

After choosing my database and the choosing Manage Pages - Add Selected To List (example - Insert) - OK. The + Button does not work to allow me to select columns.

If I shut down DW and reopen it and re run DA it will allow me to choose the columns. However under the manage pages tab " name and location" the page is missing the table prefix to that page. for example if my table was apt the page should generate apt_detail.php but all I get is _detail.php

If I then add the table prefix and click finish, I get errors creating the page. I get the same errors when i click finish without the prefix.

I have uninstalled all extensions and reinstalled them. deleted config file etc

Once I have completed a reinstall Data Assist works fine for one set of pages but any further pages revert back to the above issues.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Jonathon

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is your OS?

You say you have the "latest version" of Data Bridge, but could you please verify by stating the version number (I find it quite common that people say they have the latest version, but turns out not to be the case).

also, please list any other extensions, including the version numbers.

on the first screen in Data Bridge, are you selecting to use the New Form Blank application preset?

Could you send a dump of the Database structure so I can try to reproduce

Hi Jason I am using New Form Blank.

I forgot to mention when I re-enter wizard under application type, i get <auto-recover>

Windows 7 OS

Extensions installed
Depreciated Panel Support 1.0.0
WebAssist Free Tools 1.1.0
Design Extender 1.1.8
Data Bridge 1.1.9
Ecart 5.0.7

Database attached

regards

Jonathon

Attached Files
vtg.sql

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

please see private message

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have sent a skype contact request.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...