close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart 6.0.6 sending two different email receipts.

Thread began 5/05/2014 4:01 pm by cal114936 | Last modified 5/08/2014 9:10 am by Jason Byrnes | 1702 views | 13 replies |

cal114936Beta Tester

eCart 6.0.6 sending two different email receipts.

Somehow after running the wizard for the second time, I must have changed something and now there are two different email receipts being sent. One is the the new responsive receipt and the other the older non-responsive.

I cannot figure out how the older email is being sent. I have attached the files I believe are needed.

Any help is always appreciated,

Jack

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When you ran the wizard the second time, did you delete the existing checkout pages first?

If you need to re run the checkout wizard you should delete the existing checkout pages or it will generate duplicate code.

cal114936Beta Tester

I thought that I had cleared out the old files. But I guess I didn't get all of them. Can you tell me where the old file is referenced so I can remove it?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There is an instance of the UE server behavior in the wa_recipet1.php file.

that file should only contain the email body, not a second instance of the UE server behavior.

There is the UE server beiaovr on the success page, that UE instance uses the wa_recipet1.php file as the body template.

Within that file is another UE instance that uses the waue_wa_receipt_1.php file as the body. that second UE instance should not be there.

cal114936Beta Tester

Hi Jason,

I went ahead and started over again. I cleared out all the files I believe were going to be replaced and ran the Checkout Wizard again.

It did not install the UE behavior.

After completing a purchase, a gray screen was returned by the PayPal frame after a payment instead of forwarding to checkout_successful.php

I assume, I need to add the UE Behavior to the checkout_successful.php page. Should I also check the box to manage email from the file webassist/email/templates/wa_receipt.php? Will this resolve the problems?

(Please note the UE behavior DID NOT install using the Checkout Wizard for future releases of eCart )

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Make sure you have the most recent version of eCart (6.0.6) installed.

if you have a previous version installed, make sure to uninstall it from the extension manager before installing the the newer one.

When running the checkout wizard, on the first screen make sure that you enter the site URL in the Site address setting. this URL is used for setting the return address. If not set properly, the return will fail.

also, on the email tab of the checkout wizard, make sure to uncheck the Don't Send an Em,ail receipt option. If this option is not unchecked, the UE behavior will not be added by the checkout wizard.

cal114936Beta Tester

I tried it again.

It did not install.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It did not install.  

what is "it"?

what is your OS?

DW Version?

eCart version?

what are the settings you used in the checkout wizard?

cal114936Beta Tester

UE doesn't install. There is only a reference to a bindings panel for UE with a path to wa_receipts.php

PC
Windows 7
DW 6
eCart 6.0.6

The setting for Checkout Wizard are in screen shots attached.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I see, I was able to reproduce the problem and have logged the issue in our bugbase to be corrected in the next update.

for now, add the UE behavior to the success page manually, use the option to create a file to manage the email.

you can select the webassist/email/templates/wa_receipt.php file as the template, but edit that file and remove the UE server behavior from it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...