close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding PDF files to linked text in my product catalog.

Thread began 4/28/2014 8:06 am by russb335115 | Last modified 8/27/2014 9:35 am by Jason Byrnes | 3713 views | 28 replies |

russb335115

Adding PDF files to linked text in my product catalog.

I need the ability to add links to text so customers can download PDF spec sheets. I'm looking to do this in the "Long Description" section on the insert product page (see link in the pm). I am using the extended html editor for this section but when I try to "browse server" so I can upload the file and link to it I get an error. All other functions of the form are working fine.

I am including the page link and login credential for the admin so you can see the function for yourself. I will also include the php page.

Please see the pm for info.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the error is a 404 page not found error, it means the /antronix/admin/webassist/kfm/index.php? file has not been uploaded to the server,

make sure to upload all the files.

russb335115

Okay that make sense. The file is in the root of the directory. So it should point to this "/antronix/webassist/kfm/index.php?"

Which file do I need to edit so it points to the right place?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

russb335115

See PM

russb335115

Hi Jason,

Any luck figuring out the issue?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

See PM.

the file manager at the site root is from Power CMS, so in order to access it, you will need to be logged into the Power CMS Admin.

but i have updated the product insert page to use that file manager, you just need to login as a power CMS admin in order to use it.

russb335115

Thanks Jason!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

russb335115

Hi Jason,

Based on your suggestion I went ahead and moved the product catalog to the PowerCMS system. The files now sit in the Admin_cms folder. The system works great with only two issues to resolve. I can't seem to find a solution for them so I hoping you can help me.

Issue 1:
The same as my original issue "I need the ability to add links to text so customers can download PDF spec sheets. I'm looking to do this in the "Long Description" section on the insert product page (see link in the pm). I am using the extended html editor for this section but when I try to "browse server" so I can upload the file and link to it I get an error.

Issue2:
The images for each product are not uploading/working.

Thanks Russ

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...