close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Click on PayPal Checkout goes directly to checkout_failure.php

Thread began 4/28/2014 7:49 am by joerg431091 | Last modified 5/07/2014 12:28 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3235 views | 40 replies |

joerg431091

Click on PayPal Checkout goes directly to checkout_failure.php

I have above problem on 2 sites while trying to checkout with PayPal - one is using eCart 5 and one is using eCart 6.

For the eCart 5 site = Clicking on the "Checkout with PayPal button leads directly to the pp_checkout_failure.php page. I have included the paypal credentials in the checkout.php page as well as in the pp_confirm.php page

For the eCart 6 site = After choosing PayPal as a payment option, entering the shipping information and clicking on the continue button = leads to a redirect to the checkout_failure.php page. I have included the paypal credentials in the Gateway Credentials server behavior in the confirm.php page.

I also called PayPal to confirm our API Signature Credentials such as Username, Password and Signature. They seem to be correct.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any ideas.

Joerg

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the pp_checkout_failure page, add the following code in the page body to write the session contents to the page:

<?php @session_start(); var_dump($_SESSON); ?>

the session contents will include the response from paypal with info on the cause of the failure.

joerg431091

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I already did this but forgot to include the attachment.

I will add the attachment now.

Thx.
Joerg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the PDF is showing info from Authorize.net, not from paypal.

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

joerg431091

I know - I thought that is strange too but the error I attached did occur while choosing PayPal as a checkout option.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, that's fine.

when changing the gateway that is used, make sure to delete the existing checkout pages before running the checkout wizard again to recreate them.

joerg431091

Thanks Jason.

Do I simply delete the old checkout pages and then just run the wizard again or do I have to do anything else such as uninstall anything or change any settings?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, simply delete the existing checkout pages, then run the checkout wizard to recreate them.

joerg431091

Hi Jason,

I did delete the old checkout pages and did run the checkout wizard again. I had it working on my local machine (did not test whether the transaction goes through with paypal) but the site connected and the option to pay with paypal came up.

Now, after embedding the code in my site template I have 2 problems:

1 = If I test it locally and choose papal as a payment option I am immediately referred to the checkout_failure.php page. Is it possible that there might be a conflict with another css code or so in the template? Because I believe it did work before I embedded it into the template code.

2 = I can not test it on the remote server because once I try to choose paypal as a payment option, enter shipping information and clicking continue = the page goes gray but no loader appears and page does not change or connect. I was looking all morning to see whether I am missing a file on the remote server but it looks like everything is uploaded correctly.

Checkout with AuthorizeNet works perfect.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Joerg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...