close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Bypass password

Thread began 4/21/2014 9:36 am by Roz431315 | Last modified 4/22/2014 2:16 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2104 views | 7 replies |

Roz431315

Bypass password

Password:
Is there a way to bypass the password on user registration? Users who want to subscribe/unsubscribe to a newsletter want to check and uncheck with no password. If not what product would accomplish that?

Customize:
I would like to have be ability to have the registration form POP-UP on a existing website without leaving that website, is that possible? if not I was able to change the Logo but can't find where to change the background color behind the logo and registration form

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

These are not supported modifications to Power Messenger.

We could help you implement these features through a premiere support appointment:
http://www.webassist.com/premier_request.php

Roz431315

Can you also tell me If either of the following is True:
1) Does the current version of PM work with any of these solutions? http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=20409

2)Does Data Bridge (subscribe/Unsubscribe solution) work with out passwords and have able to access the PM database mail list? http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Add-a-subscribe-unsubscribe-feature

I don't understand why it's required and not optional that users have to LOGIN to subscribe and unsubscribe to a new letter, I know I never have and never will.
Can you explain the thought process with that?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) yes, that thread is related top the current version of Power Messenger, but none of the ideas in that thread are supported or tested. They may or may not work.

2) That tutorial is geared to a subscribe / unsubscribe solution that uses only the email address, but again it is unsupported for use with Power Messenger.

In the development of Power Messenger, they went with a standard Security Assist user login using a Email and Password. if you wish to see a version that does not use a standard login login system, please feel free to post your suggestion to the suggestion page:

http://www.webassist.com/community/feedback/dashboard.php

Roz431315

I put in a request in a few weeks ago...is there any way of knowing what is being worked on?
Obviously I am very disappointed, I already paid extra to remove the password in PowerStore. It should be an option in both products.

It would take Webassist 30 minutes to fix, at this point PM is useless to me and no reason to purchase for additional domains...I will have to search the web for another solution

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You put in a premiere support request a few weeks ago? anything that is worked on in a premiere support session is worked on with you on the phone. Once the session ends, there is no more work being done.

If you want password removed from both Power Messenger and from power store, it is 2 separate premiere sessions, they are separate products

Roz431315

Sorry to confuse...
A few months ago I paid to have password removed from PS...no problems, but no documentation.

A week ago I added a suggestion to (http://www.webassist.com/community/feedback/dashboard.php) to be able to remove password from subscribe/Unsubscribe...no way of knowing what is going on with the suggestion.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Your suggestion will go into consideration for inclusion as a new feature when development of a Power Messenger upgrade begins.

If you want it implemented to your current power messenger, it will require a further Premiere appointment, as it is not a currently supported feature.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...