close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Design Extender for unlimited websites?

Thread began 4/09/2014 8:23 pm by liquiddco409063 | Last modified 4/10/2014 8:59 am by Jason Byrnes | 1443 views | 3 replies |

liquiddco409063

Design Extender for unlimited websites?

I paid $399 for Design Extender under the impression that I could build "unlimited websites" with it's tools. Now I'm seeing that I'm only allowed two activations. Does this mean that I can build unlimited sites as long as only one of them is live? I must be misunderstanding this because it doesn't make any sense to build sites that will never go live.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The activations refer to the installation of Design Extender.

when you install Design Extender and use it in Dreamweaver, you have to first activate it.

The licensing allows you to activate Design Extender on 2 computers, for example: using design Extender on a Lap Top and a Desktop computer.

On those 2 computers you can use design extender to build as many web sites as you like. There is not a limitation to the number of web sites that can be built, only the number of platforms you use to build those sites.

If you uninstall Design Extender form one of those computers, you can visit the all my downloads page to clear activations, then install design extender on a new computer.

liquiddco409063

Alright. I guess that makes sense. It was a little confusing to also see the sites that components are active on right next to allowable activations.

My next question would be that this morning I'm showing two activations, but there really is only one. Could that be from a older installation of the plugin into an outdated version of Dreamweaver? I upgraded to CC a few months back and just reinstalled the plugin last night. Do I need to find the previous version that it is installed in and then deactivate it?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The activations will show show the servers that CMS Builder has been activated on, but that does not count towards the availbale activations for the software.

if you wish to clear the activations, log into your account, in the Downloads section of the My Account page, click the All My Downloads link and click the Clear activations button.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...