close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DataAssist screen goes blank

Thread began 8/21/2009 5:49 am by kelly291243 | Last modified 11/30/2011 8:10 am by Jason Byrnes | 5777 views | 19 replies |

kelly291243

DataAssist screen goes blank

I am trying to set up an admin section for our product catalogue but at random times during the process the wizard screen goes blank and I have to restart the whole process. I have tried 6 or 7 times now but still problem remains. I have seen a similar post which says to delete the winfilecache which I have done while Dreamweaver is closed down. I have restarted my computer as well and then deleted the file but to no avail. The winfilecache Is found at the following location.

C:\Users\userremoved\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration

I am using Dreamweaver CS4 with Windows 7.

Many thanks in advance.

Kelly

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

At this time, we have not done any updates or testing of our extensions in Windows 7, it is not a supported platform.

Once Windows 7 becomes available on the market we go through the process of testing our extensions on the platform and make any needed updates to address compatibility issues.

Until then, however, we do not support Windows 7.

kelly291243

I have installed DataAssist to a windows XP machine and the exact same thing is occuring. I have tried this on teh WinXP machine with both Dreamweaver CS4 and CS3 as well as different version of DataAssist.

One thing that might be worth mentioning is on the first page where you select your connection and table, the table has about 15 temp table entries usually looking similar to:

~TMPCLP124151

I have examined the database and I cannot see anything other than the necessary tables and certainly no temporary tables.

Kelly

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Is your testing server set locally? If so, open the testing server folder in windows explorer then delete the mmServerScripts folder.

if you are testing remotely, you will need to delete the folder from your server using an ftp program.

kelly291243

The testing server is stored locally. I have set Local folder and the Remote folder as the same folder which is stored in WWWRoot in the Inetpub folder. I deleted the folder you suggested but the temp tables are still listed in DataAssist and it is still crashing whenever it feels.

kelly291243

I have restructured my database so that all the fields in the table are in the correct order to minimise the amount of time I needed to spend in the wizard. Due to complete randomness of the crashes I figured I might be able to beat the crash through less time spent in the program. This was successful in that it allowed me to get all the way to the end and the program created all of my pages. However, after uploading all of these pages and the WA_DataAssist and WADbSearch folders my search choices are not getting through to the results page. In otherwords the results page just tells me that it cannot find my search results.

rickoneil

Data Assist screen goes blank

I have this problem also. while on the search page, at some pijnt while deleting the fields not required on the search page, the screen goes blank. Nioce. tried severaL time and same result.

cant get nothing done, this is Win XP, and there is no MMserverscripts folder anywhere remote or local

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket to look into this issue. To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php?

Andre.M

same here

I have the issue also, while creating a insert and update pages. while renaming the fields and moving them in the order i desire the window goes nuts, goes blank then only shows buttons then blank. forces me to just click the button cancel on a bare white window.

first image is the first error then the _2 image is the result. all windows go blank.

Im on: Vista & CS4

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket to look into this issue. To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...