close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

error message

Thread began 3/31/2014 11:32 am by NWak04030229 | Last modified 5/08/2014 8:21 am by anonymous | 2699 views | 25 replies |

NWak04030229

error message

When I went to save the eCart Checkout Wizard I got the attached error message. Can you tell me what that applies to?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is your OS and DW version?

When you start the Checkout wizard, what access point are you using? WebAssist -> eCart -> Checkout wizard?

or are you using the insert panel? try using the top level WebAssist menu.

also make sure you have the latest eCart version installed. 6.0.6, if you have a previous version, make sure to uninstall it from the extension manager before installing the newer one.

NWak04030229

DW CS6 v12 build 5808
Windows 8.1
How do I find the version of eCart? Although I only purchased it about two months ago
Am using the top level WebAssist menu

Am getting there - have found out another extension was causing the conflict but just when I thought I had it all working, I got the attached error message

NWak04030229

I have found the version number of eCart - it is 6.0.2 but when I go to my account there is no upgrade available to 6.0.6

I have two accounts for some reason (my fault somewhere down the line) and the one I purchased eCart through was nick@oldmissionhouseskye.com but when I log in there I still have no upgrade on eCart

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I found your other account and the eCart order, and have merged that account to this one. you should be able to see the eCart order in your order history now and be able to download the new version, 6.0.6

NWak04030229

Thank you - have managed to get update and the error message has disappeared when compiling the Checkout wizard. However when I try the cart out on the live site I get as far as the cart through a test button on the bottom of the page but when I click on continue I get lots of error messages showing on the top of the page. This is the URL: www.oldtheatreposters.co.uk/c.php if you would like to try it and see the error messages that come through. I would be really grateful.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the errors i see when adding an item to the cart are:

Warning: Missing argument 10 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Missing argument 11 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Missing argument 12 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Missing argument 13 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Missing argument 14 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php:28) in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/c.php on line 856

these erros will happen if you create the add to cart button on the page, then edit the eCart object and add additional columns.

any time you add additional columns to the eCart object, you will need to edit the add to cart button behaviors that have been created to have them regenerated.

NWak04030229

Jason

I created the cart on the page and simply deleted the carriage row but have not added or deleted any other columns or anything like that. Basically left most stuff as the default. I have looked at line 28 on the relevant php file and it is this one:
$OldTheatrePosters->Display_Discounts = WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($OldTheatrePosters, $OldTheatrePosters->GetDiscounts());
I thought the best thing to do would be to send you a screenshot of each page and also of the JSON.php file. Maybe something will jump out at you - I have no doubt I am doing something wrong but can't understand what. Sorry about all this

Nick

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i cant even get to the cart display page.

you posted a link to this page:
http://www.oldtheatreposters.co.uk/c.php

if i click the first add to cart button on that page, it gives the errors

Warning: Missing argument 10 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Missing argument 11 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Missing argument 12 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Missing argument 13 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Missing argument 14 for addtocart() in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/WA_eCart/OldTheatrePosters_PHP.php:28) in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/c.php on line 856

this happens if the add to cart buttons where created for a cart that was defined with different rows like I said previously.

NWak04030229

Don't know what happened to my last post but it has disappeared for some reason. Anyway, I deleted the entire eCart folders etc from the site (www.oldtheatreposters.co.uk/c.php) and started again from scratch. I also deleted the first Add to Cart button and reinstated it and I can now get in to the cart and that is as far as I get. I come up with the following error message when I click on Checkout:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /srv/disk4/89822/www/oldtheatreposters.co.uk/webassist/framework/framework.php on line 3

Line3 in that file is:
public function __construct( $fileName) {

I have not added nor subtracted anything from the cart (apart from the deductions, tax and carriage which I did before I created the Add to Cart button) just to see if it made any difference but it hasn't really.

I don't understand PHP and this is why I went for the eCart system as I assumed it would be quite straight forward but I am obviously doing something wrong somewhere and I would really appreciate it if you could tell me your thoughts

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...