close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal Pro UK Error [ECO_Get_Result] => RESULT=26&RESPMSG=Invalid vendor account

Thread began 8/21/2009 2:34 am by Dave Buchholz | Last modified 8/25/2009 4:59 pm by Jason Byrnes | 7700 views | 9 replies |

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

PayPal Pro UK Error [ECO_Get_Result] => RESULT=26&RESPMSG=Invalid vendor account

I am getting this error message when testing the Express Payment Button but if I process via Credit Card through PayPal it works fine, Why ?

This is on a live account using penny transactions NOT a sandbox account

Sign in to reply to this post

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

To partly answer my own question it would appear that the wrong terminology is being used in the Express Payment Code.

Here is a snippet from the standard PayPal Pro code that is created on the confirm.php page

$PP_PayProUK_required[0][$nextIndex] = "USER";
$PP_PayProUK_required[1][$nextIndex] = $i8_username;
$nextIndex = count($PP_PayProUK_required[0]);
$PP_PayProUK_required[0][$nextIndex] = "VENDOR";
$PP_PayProUK_required[1][$nextIndex] = $i8_merchant;
$PP_PayProUK_required[0][$nextIndex] = "PARTNER";
$PP_PayProUK_required[1][$nextIndex] = "PayPalUK";
$PP_PayProUK_required[0][$nextIndex] = "PWD";
$PP_PayProUK_required[1][$nextIndex] = $i8_password;

according to the documentation this is correct as it contains the USER, VENDOR, PARTNER and PWD fields.

Now compare that to the following code created on checkout.php for the Express Payment Button

$WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[0][$nextIndex] = "Username";
$WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[1][$nextIndex] = $i8_username;
$nextIndex = count($WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[0]);
$WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[0][$nextIndex] = "Password";
$WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[1][$nextIndex] = $i8_password;
$WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[0][$nextIndex] = "Signature";
$WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[1][$nextIndex] = $i8_merchant;
$WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[0][$nextIndex] = "System";
$WA_PP_ECO_Set_params[1][$nextIndex] = "UK";

As you can see the naming convention is not the same, why ?

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

More Info

It would seem that the Vendor is not being picked up in the [ECO_Get_Request] Variable but is present in the [ECO_Auth_Request] Variable

Comparison

[ECO_Auth_Request] => TRXTYPE=S&ACTION=S&BUTTONSOURCE=WebAssist_PHP_Cart_PRO2EC_UK&CANCELURL=http://#website#/pp_cancel.php&RETURNURL=http://#website#/pp_confirm.php&TENDER=P&PARTNER=PayPalUK&VENDOR=#vendor#&USER=#user#&PWD=#mypassword#&CURRENCY=GBP&AMT=0.09&HOSTADDRESS=payflowpro.verisign.com
[ECO_Get_Request] => TRXTYPE=S&ACTION=G&BUTTONSOURCE=WebAssist_PHP_Cart_PRO2EC_UK&TENDER=P&PARTNER=PayPalUK&VENDOR=&USER=#user#&PWD=#mypassword#&TOKEN=EC-45D19175U5497442E&HOSTADDRESS=payflowpro.verisign.com

as you can see Vendor is empty in [ECO_Get_Request]

Eric Mittman

I agree with your assessment here, it looks as though you are missing this vendor value in your get request. On your confirm page look for the function call that makes this request:

WA_PP_ECO_Get_Post_UK

Please post back with the call that you have on the page, the parameters that are supposed to be used here are:

$username,$password,$signature,$useSandbox

These should correspond to vendor = signature, user = username, pwd = password

Check the signature value that is being used in this function call to see if it matches what you have for the vendor in the first request. Please post back with what you discover.

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Eric,

that function does not exist on my pp_confirm.php page, the closest equivalent on the page is:

<?php
$WA_PP_ECO_GetResult = WA_PP_ECO_SOAPObject();
if ((isset($_GET["token"]) && isset($_GET["PayerID"])) || (isset($_SESSION["PayPal_ECO_Token"]) && $_SESSION["PayPal_ECO_Token"] != "")) {
$WA_PP_ECO_GetResult = WA_PP_ECO_Get_Post($i8_username, $i8_password, $i8_signature, false);
}
?>

Eric Mittman

Dave, I have opened a ticket for you on this so you can send back your pages involved in the checkout. Please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history to update the ticket with these files.

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Eric,

I have replied to the support ticket and attached the requested files

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In a connect meeting, we changed:

php:
<?php

$WA_PP_ECO_GetResult 
WA_PP_ECO_SOAPObject();
if ((isset(
$_GET["token"]) && isset($_GET["PayerID"])) || (isset($_SESSION["PayPal_ECO_Token"]) && $_SESSION["PayPal_ECO_Token"] != "")) {

$WA_PP_ECO_GetResult WA_PP_ECO_Get_Post($i8_username$i8_password$i8_signaturefalse);
}
?>

to use the $i8_merchant variable

php:
<?php

$WA_PP_ECO_GetResult 
WA_PP_ECO_SOAPObject();
if ((isset(
$_GET["token"]) && isset($_GET["PayerID"])) || (isset($_SESSION["PayPal_ECO_Token"]) && $_SESSION["PayPal_ECO_Token"] != "")) {

$WA_PP_ECO_GetResult WA_PP_ECO_Get_Post($i8_username$i8_password$i8_merchantfalse);
}
?>

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Thanks for your help today Jason.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No worries.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...