close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Hi, after upgrading design extender, want CMs to add power CMs new site, the content area was added successfully to the php page but it didn't generate any file that I can upload to the server. Pls am I doing anything wrong. Thanks

Thread began 3/13/2014 8:10 am by tolushayoo193471 | Last modified 3/14/2014 1:24 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1704 views | 5 replies |

tolushayoo193471

Hi, after upgrading design extender, want CMs to add power CMs new site, the content area was added successfully to the php page but it didn't generate any file that I can upload to the server. Pls am I doing anything wrong. Thanks

Hi, after upgrading design extender, want CMs to add power CMs new site, the content area was added successfully to the php page but it didn't generate any file that I can upload to the server. Pls am I doing anything wrong.
I've created the site successfully but I don't know why it's not giving me any file so that I can upload and install it on my server. It only add the content area to the page. Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Not sure why it is not adding the cms files to the site, you can add them manually though.

open the users configuration folder, for help locating the users configuration folder see this page:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Common-installation-issues

in the users configuration folder, go to
Shared/webAssist/PowerCMS/CMS

copy the files and folders in the CMS folder and paste them to the root of your DW site.

tolushayoo193471

thanks, I've copied it just has you've said, it now works. But i don't really know what's the fault with extender, if you click the social media to add any especially when you click twitter icon it crashes Dreamweaver, I've uninstall every extension that was built with extender, I've reinstall the extender several times but still crashes Dreamweaver.

Is there any extension that i can use for a membership subscription?

thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of Dreamweaver are you using?

Do you have the latest version of Design Extender, 1.1.7 installed?

What is your OS?

have you tried:

reset the workspace layout:
go to Window -> Work Space layout -> Reset '<your layout name>'

and Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Common-installation-issues

"Is there any extension that i can use for a membership subscription?"

data Bridge includes security assist for creating member registration and login.

tolushayoo193471

Thank you Jason. Am using window 8 with cs5. I've already deleted cache. But Reset one.

The membership subscription am trying to achieve is below, do you think data bridge can make the below be possible?

signups and expirations for membership
Automated account expiration handling for membership
Paypal payment gateway
Monthly Subscriptions, One time payments, or yearly subscription

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in this post i give an example of how a registration could expire after 60 days:

http://www.webassist.com/forums/showpost.php?p=139675&postcount=6

you can expand on this concept for expiring registrations.

for paid for membership, you would need eCart.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...